A Newbie who needs support..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Newbie who needs support..

Post  Hello12 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi to all!

First of all, am totally glad i came across this site, because after browsing the net about the FBD, all i could see was lots of negative comments, don't do the diet, you're gonna die, ect.. Shocked So putting these comments behind i decided to go for it, but its being very VERY hard..My first day was supposed to be last Friday, meaning 3 days ago, but i messed it up and no thinking of beginning during the weekend, my fiance love to have a fast-food fest on these days.. Sad talk about determination and restrain..I gorge in all the fatness wayyy past five bites..

Today is monday and was supposed to be THE beginning, but pfff at 11hr30 i decided to have lunch which consisted of a chicken wrap, and five bites stretched to i know not how much coz i finished the wrap, had some pringles, an apple and a cookie... Mad

But i don't want it to be the same tomorow, i really want tomorow to be the real beginning..In any diet i tried as soon as i got past the first day the rest was a piece of cake, as difficult as the days could be its like am mentally built to make my everything during the first day..but right now its being damn hard..

The actual problem as i analysed it was breakfast..I've always been taught the importance of breakfast, brought up to have breakfast n continued living with a breakfast..and now am finding this very hard to let go of breakfast and feel the killing hunger as from 11.00am, and if i don't give in I feel like i might die(ok i know i won't but that's the feeling i get..)

Well enough complaining..the actual weight i would like to lose would be 20-25pounds, am 145 pounds right now and not feeling good because i've been putting on weight and fitting less and less in my clothes..I believe things are still under control, but i know if i don't take measures to reverse the weight, its going to go off track and i'll be putting on and on endless pounds..

So to finish my long enough post, just wanted to get some support and help from you great people who are succeeding on the FBD, and anything you want to share with me on how to make past at least day 1 would be most welcome! Wink

But i will not quite trying, tomorow will be day 1(again) and i'll make it, i'll do my best at least.. flower
Hello12

Back to top Go down

Re: A Newbie who needs support..

Post  Dmac on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Hello12 u can do it it gets better after u get some days under ya to bild confidence and the hunger will drop. The weekend are hard anyway keep at it and u will get it down. Welcome to the site stay strong and stay at it
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Hello12 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 pm

Thnx Dmac, I guess you rite..its a diet that demands lots of willpower and strength for sure!!Will make a must to go through this day 1, its become crucial now! Exclamation
Hello12

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Ya go 1 day where u tell yourself no matter what happens I'm doing 5 n 5 stick to that and then u got two more days like that and you've set you're hungerstat and then it will be alot ezer. do u have the book yet?
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:41 am

Welcome Hello12!

You have found the best place for support for this diet. I agree with Dmac, take the diet one day at a time. Think about your goals and stay strong. It is only difficult for the first few days while your hungerstat sets. Then it gets a little easier.

If you really need breakfast, I had read on another post somewhere that there were people who did a 5 bite breakfast in addition to their lunch and dinner and still lost weight. Their weight loss was slower, but they still lost. I don't know if that will work for you until you get the hang of the diet, but I just wanted to mention it.

Once again, welcome. Let me know if you need anything.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaci002 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi Hello12

I started the diet last week and am down 9lbs already in 5 days!
I originally went to start last month but found the first day impossible and ended up giving in and being really annoyed with myself so what I did this time was start day 1 with 10 bites twice a day, day 2 with 9 bites twice a day, day three 7 bites twice a day, day 4 with 5 bites twice a day which is where I am now. Now I am at 5 bites a day my hunger is under control and I dont feel hungry at all apart from around meal times but its definately controlable with a hot drink, I tend to go for green tea, not saying it the best way to start for everyone but it really worked for me.
This diet is brilliant, I have litrally tried everything and thought there was no way I could stick to this but once your into it it becomes remarkably easy, so nice not having to think all the time of what to eat, how many calories and carbs etc plus I can eat the same food as my husband. I eat pretty healithy anyway but always end my meals with 1 bites of snickers to curb my chocolate craving and that seems to be the key for me. Our for dinner this weekend for a 40th celebration, that will be the test for me.

Good luck and keep posting
xx

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Post  Hello12 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Thnx Dmac and Readyforchange, I guess the thing i really needed was some support from people who are actually doing it or have done it! its not the same when talking to people who have no weight issues (my fiance) or people who believes u just going to die of starvation (my mom n friends) Rolling Eyes
I tried almost every diet lately, cliche i know, but nothing will make those pounds drop, and well all the restrictions i guess did not make things easier and sustainable.. Laughing Laughing
Oh n btw day 1 is going great!!I really got into the mindset last night and this morning i had a big cup of peppermint tea(read on the forum drinking something hot/warm really helped) and it did!i also realised warm water worked better in giving me a 'full-feeling' than room temp..hehe go figure the weird tricks to keep going!! Wink

Kaci002 i can sooo relate to you on the frustrating feeling of not getting past day 1..oh i love green tea too, i'll rather start my day with it than coffee..wow i do hope to see as great results as you did, have the weight come off like this is the ultimate motivation for sure!! Very Happy and yeah this simplicity of the diet and being able to eat the same food as every1 around is a great plus, i would always find myself having to cook two different things for dinner and then secretly drool over the pasta my fiance is having while having some non-carb stuff.. Mad Best of luck and congrats for ur anniversary, am sure u'll get through it brilliantly!!

Thnx again for the support and replies! hav a great day!!

Hello12

Back to top Go down

Post  Hello12 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:42 pm

oh n I forgot, Dmac i don't have the book, wanted to buy it but it's going to take like 2 weeks to get delivered to me(not living in the US)..this discourages me a bit, but i might be going for it soon enough! Very Happy
Hello12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaci002 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi

Re the book I live in the UK and got mine from Amazon, arrived really fast.
xx

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:48 am

dude, max 3 days of feeling like this is hard.
THAT IS IT.
first day its all habits. ur hungry cuz ur used to being able to eat and eat whether ur hungry or not.
second day u actually do feel hungry cuz ur empty. tough it out!! the night is the roughest- screw it and go to bed early. u may or may not be able to actually sleep, just lay there, watch TV, read a book snuggled in ur bed. just brush ur teeth, get in ur jammies and the kitchen should be closed in ur mind.
third day u should feel SMALLER if u can believe it. ur stomach will be smaller, u will have lost most of the excess water weight and u will see the changes- that will be a huge motivator.

just be confident that u will not die silly goose. nor will u get sick.
take a multivitamin, drink lots of water, keep an eye out for what those 5 bite are made of... for some people making 4/5 protein is helpful, for others they like carbs or sweets. whatever works for u

if u feel faint or anything SUGAR is all u need, just means that u body is low on blood sugar and u need to just pop something sweet. they have a candy here in the states called "smarties" they are straight sugar. there are LOTS of candies that are like that. suck on it and u will feel okay. When i feel like that I have a cup of splenda+creamer coffee. Cuz its hot and delicious it takes time for me to get it down and by that point my hunger is past.

after that its all willpower. - i always feel like omg im losing weight so fast and something triggers in my head and i eat cuz i get scared. but i KNOW this is irrational. If you have a pre-existing medical condition of course this is a totally different thing, so keep that in mind. but otherwise you should be good to go!

CHECK IN OFTEN, u will get this done! Good luck!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Hello12 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Teaismyhappyplace, thnx for the motivation, hehe i guess u peeps will b happy, well i can't believe it myself, but today is day three!!i must say day 1 was a bit hard, but i kept myself busy n browsed this forum a lot(lol, its motivational Razz), day two i woke up with a bit of headache but as soon as i had my glass of water and cup of coffee i made it to lunch with no prob!and here is day three, feeling amazing and muchhh less hungry than i was on day 1!i haven't gotten on the scale yet..i promised to myself to weight till 1 week, but am feeling so good and this amazes me and i enough to make me go on!i mean when i was on other diets it was like day three, get on scale, still fat, just too tired, give up, binge, then feel awful..
but did find having snicker bars for these three days worked better, coz it really make me learn n get use to a bite-size, and it sustained me longer!Smile
But really without the support of u guys from the forum n knowing we are all together in this n knowing there's someone who understand what you doing is great!thnx a lot!hehe squeeze-the-life-out-of-you hugs and hope u have a great day flower
Hello12

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Way to go your doing awesome got past the hardest part congratulations cheers [u]
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:02 pm

*hugs back*
no worries that is what this forum is for, and everyone is really really motivating and supportive! keep going, dont give up. keep in mind, the minute u are about to go over in bites- if u do it, tomorrow u wont have that great feeling that you had today when u jumped on the scale. Is that bite worth it?!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Hello12,

I am glad that you made it to day three! It should get easier from there. Your hungerstat should be set or close to it. You won't feel as hungry soon. I am proud of you. Keep up the awesome job!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top