Another try

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another try

Post  Lisa on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:59 pm

I've been on and off this diet countless times. Mostly off.

I noticed that I did the best on it when I was posting here along the way, so I'm going to try that again.

Today is my new "day 1", I'll post tonight when I finish my second meal!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Re: Another try

Post  Lisa on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:37 pm

My two meals of the day are done!

I had two quaker granola bars, one for lunch and one for supper. Each is probably closer to 4 bites than 5, but that just means more weight loss!

I have a lunch date tomorrow, and I plan to only take 5 bites. Excited to try, and I'll post here, whether it's a success or not!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:50 am

good luck for your lunch date tomorrow Very Happy
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:05 am

Way to go keep it up
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:52 am

Great job Lisa and welcome!

I know that you will continue to be strong and reach your goal. Good luck with your lunch date.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:12 pm

Lunch date went very well! I had lots to talk about (I just took a trip to Europe, so I had to catch my friend up on everything), so I did a lot more talking than eating. I had 6 bites.

Now I'm off for the rest of the afternoon studying, I have to avoid the tempting leftovers.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Well, the leftovers yesterday proved too tempting. I had way too many bites!

Today, however, has been great. I had a peanut butter granola bar for lunch, and a chocolate chip granola bar for supper.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:54 am

great job! lunches out with friends always kill me..
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Today was pretty good again.

Lunch: 4 bites chocolate chip granola bar
Supper: 4 bites peanut butter granola bar

Then I slipped up and had a half an english muffin... not too big of a deal, thankfully!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:12 am

Friday was very good, but Saturday and Sunday I went way over.

Today I had 4 bites of granola bar for lunch, and then 8 for supper. Total was only 340 calories for the day, but I hoped to keep my bites lower.

Will refocus and make tomorrow a good day!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:32 am

great job! gotta just stay consistant
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:28 am

Tea, you're so right! It's all about consistency!

Today I had 4 bites at lunch, and 5 at supper. I got hungry after supper and had a half an english muffin and some cereal, but not very much.

Today's calorie total is around 400, but bites is probably close to 15. Closer to success than failure, that's for sure!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:54 am

for sure!!! just think, if u could put all the food that u ate today on a plate, last week u would have had that for lunch without even thinking about it. Now u are conscious of it, and u are pacing ureself. Right now it seems like lots of us are in the same spot- we are all restarting this diet and our stomachs are shrinking kinda- so even a small expansion from 10 bites/day to 20/day is making us feel really guilty and full. THIS IS GOOD!!!!! and im so proud of us for sticking to it and coming back each time we mess up. That is the struggle, but u must have the discipline to come back regardless of a little stumble.
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 am

Lisa,

I love the fact that you are hanging in there and not giving up. Being consistent is the key. You are headed in the right direction. You can do this!!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:25 pm

So out of last week, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were great, and Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday were NOT. I think the bad 4 days just about erased my success of the other days. There weren't binges, necessarily, just a lot more than 10 bites in a day. I think if you do that for one day, it's not a huge deal. But 4 days in a row leaves a mark.

Here's another Monday, I had a granola bar for lunch and I'll have another for supper. Just doing granola bars and nutri-grain bars makes things so easy.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:52 pm

It's great that you're jumping right back on the diet. I know you can do this! When you're tempted, just think back to all the reasons you want to reach your goals. That has been helping me stick to the diet.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Thanks for the kind words, insanity!

Yesterday I had two granola bars, and I also had quite a bit of dry cereal. It was Ezekial sprouted grain, nothing sugary, but still. Obviously my bites were more than 10 for the day, but I'd estimate the total calorie tally for the day around 500.

Today I had a granola bar for lunch around 1:00, and was so drained and bad feeling I had another around 3:00. That's about 8 bites total, and 240 calories so far. I may or may not have supper tonight.

In general, I haven't been feeling great lately. I had a migraine last week, and felt that the low blood sugar due to the diet may have brought it on. I'm also taking medicine which makes me extremely tired, and then this diet makes me tired on top of it....

Usually after a few days eating low calorie, I rebound and feel better. I hope that happens soon!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum