Alternating the number of bites

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alternating the number of bites

Post  Kaci002 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask your advice, I have read several posts where people say the weight loss slows down after a while, I was wondering if there would be any benefit to cycling the number of bites I ate, for example 1 day 8 having bites, next day 7, reducing it down to 5 bites a day then back up again, has anyone tried this or would think it would work?, I had read several articles that say cycling the carories eaten will stop plateau's.

Thanks for your help
Kaci
xxx

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Re: Alternating the number of bites

Post  Hello12 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi Kaci002,

Well i got my little theory on it, but not yet tested lol.

So here goes, having 2 bites for breakfast, 3 bites for lunch, 2 bites in mid afternoon and 3 bites for diner will trick the body in thinking you are having more food a day(going from the theory of nutritionists advising to eat 5-6 small meals rather than 3 big ones), with this you can still shift calories around, trick you body, hopefully break the plateau and still maintain the 10 bites a day!

But as i said, haven't tried it yet myself, but will definetly go for it once i reach a plateau, hehe i might then decide to advocate more of it or lock up the idea!^^

Still all the best and hope you reach your goals! I love you
Hello12

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:06 am

Hey Ladies,

I don't know. I think that Dr. Lewis has us eat the 5 bites all at once so that our stomach gets used to a certain volume of food in order to set our hungerstat. If you constantly change it, your body will not truly set and you will continue to feel hungry with the smaller portions. I may be wrong, but it makes sense if you want your stomach to feel full after eating a certain amount, if you change that amount every day or everytime that you eat, it will never shrink to compensate.

Hang in there!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:08 am

totally handled this last time around--
okay so when i did get to a level where i was sticking to 5 bites and i was losing either nothing or like 0.1 lbs a day i was in a similar spot where i wanted to just shift something. i found that the TIMING of the 5 bites was a great thing to change up. I always make a schedule anyway- if u notice i always eat at 12:30 and then at 6:30 (unless circumstances force otherwise), but i always skipped breakfast or just had coffee/tea. After a few days on a plateau i would switch to 5 bites breakfast, 0 lunch (coffee/tea) and 5 bites dinner. OR 5 bites breakfast and 5 bites lunch and skip dinner (i found maximum weight loss on this schedule, BUT its really hard to avoid night time binges- so i only did this for a few days). After i noticed some weight shake off, i went back to 5 bites lunch and 5 bites dinner like we are supposed to. If u change the amt of bites u will mess with ur hunger stat and u will get hungry again. Also the tummy expansion and shrinkage is going to set u up for atleast a few slip ups and u will undo ur work.
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaci002 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 am

Hi - yes that makes sense, I guess like you say changing the amount is going to confuse the hungerstat. Good idea though to change the timings for a day or so to kick things into place.

Thanks
xx

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top