Hi everyone newbie here

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi everyone newbie here

Post  Kaci002 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi everyone,
I have been reading through all your posts and its so motivational, really glad I have found this site. I brought the 5 bite book a few days ago and have started today, although I have started with 10 bites for lunch and 10 for dinner and plan to reduce the number of bites each day until i get to 5 as didnt want to give my body too much of a shock. Really excited about losing this weight which has been dragging me down for years im currently 187lb and would like to get to 130lb.
One question if anyone can help me, how do you manage if you have dinner plans with friends, I have a few dinner dates and want to stick but not sure how, usually dinners last several hours so not sure how to stick to this and not look odd. I plan to avoild alcohol but if i do drink is vodka and diet coke ok to have a couple?
Well done everyone!!

xxxxx

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi everyone newbie here

Post  Readyforchange on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:09 pm

Hey Kaci!

Welcome to the family. We are a great buch of 5 biters. We are here to help you if you need it.

You are about where I was 2 months ago. I have lost more than 30 pounds! Don't judge how your progress will go by mine. I have been exercising heavily and using weights. I have put on a lot of muscle and my weight loss has not been as rapid as it could be. I won't complain! I am very happy with how things are going. I am losing so many inches! I have lost almost two dress sizes. If you stick to the diet, you will do very well. I just wanted to be toned and slender, and not just skinny.

As far as going out with friends, I have just been letting people know that I am practicing portion control if they notice how little I am eating. I usually have a diet drink of some kind and take long drinks where I hold the liquid in my mouth for a little while. I also do a lot of talking in between bites! Sometimes I even take a spoonfull/ forkfull of food and separate it into smaller bites. I know it sounds crazy, but it has helped me to make my bites last quite a while. By this point, however, my friends know what I am doing and don't stress me about it. I also have two small children, and I don't go out without them as much as I used to. Helping them to eat helps to make people not notice how much I am eating.

I hope that this helps. Welcome again. Let me know if you need anything.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaci002 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:57 am

Hi Ready for change

Thank you for the tips and advice, you have done brilliantly, 30lb in 2 months is great id be more than happy with that.
xx
Kaci

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Welcome to the site kaci good luck let me know if I can help ya in any way
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaci002 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi DMAC

Thank you!
All going well so far, started Thursday so im on my third day and am down 5lbs so im really happy with that.
Started day 1 with 10 bites x 2, day 2 & 3 with 9 bites and today with 8 bites, doing it this way I have found it quite easy to stick to and am only slightly hungry, which i always was anyway.

Finding these forums has really helped too, everyone is so lovley and helpful

Thanks
Kaci

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top