Anne's Five Bite Diet Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anne's Five Bite Diet Journal

Post  IWillSucceed95 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Height: 5 foot 4 inches
Current weight: 130 pounds
Goal weight: 110 pounds

I thought that it wouldn't be this difficult but it is.
I didn't have breakfast like he advised to bring my appetite down, and for the most part it did. My lunch was peanut butter bar and, while I really LOVE that bar to death, it just simply wasn't filling enough and I was really hungry. Now I have to eat dinner and I'm wondering if eating roasted vegetables won't slow down my losing weight process because I am really hungry. I thought I was hungry before...apparently I didn't know the meaning of real hunger. I really hope that I can get through this painful day...

IWillSucceed95

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne's Five Bite Diet Journal

Post  Dmac on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:55 pm

As long as the vegetables are your 5 bite dinner and its Ben a few hours since lunch. U should be good. But if u add vegetables to your meal to have more than 5 bites u will always be hungry because your hunger stat will not set if u change the volume of food u eat if u keep the volume of food the same in three days u won't be hungry like u r now just tuff it out the 3 days suck but u can do it
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Thank you...

Post  IWillSucceed95 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 am

Dmac, thank you for your advice.

I wish I read your reply a little sooner because I already ate the roasted vegetables and they were not part of my 5 bite dinner...ugghh now I feel really bad because I don't know if I'm going to lose any weight or not. I guess I was too weak to beat my temptation to eat...I also ate more than 5 bites of salads too...I guess I should just think that today is just a taste of how it's going to be and start seriously from tomorrow. I didn't know it was going to be this hard to stick to 5 bites a day per meal. I hope that tomorrow I can do it a little better.

IWillSucceed95

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:57 am

U might still loose some lbs its just better to get the hard 3 days, out of the way I hope tomorrow is ezer for u
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:15 am

Hi Anne,

Don't you worry. It's All about intention. Getting past the "hungries" happens just like Dmac says. Three days tops.

But even so I'll give you a couple tips I've gleaned from others here on the forum.

In the morning, drink as much zero-calorie (water, coffee, tea, soda, Crystal Lite) as you can without getting fired for desertion of your work post. Laughing

Put off "Lunch" for as long as you can stand. [Thanks, Lyra!] Actually, when you're "hungrier," Less Food can feel Just As Satisfying as a big meal. Weird, I know, but true. Just don't look to get FULL -- just FINISHED. You'll find you are Not hungry to eat More at the meal you're working on. By the 3rd day, 5 Bites will feel absolutely Perfect!

Something from my own experience is that I ate "Mouthfuls," not just "Bites" at the start. Now, it's true I was eating More than I Needed (I know now) but it FELT great to know that I was Not Hungry while eating Less than a Quarter of what I'd been eating just days before. Getting past that was psychologically important for me. 5 BIG Bites regulated down to 5 Perfect bites when I ate the Regular Snickers bar for one meal as the Doc suggests to get a clear understanding of what a bite should really be.

I'd also suggest from my own discoveries, that for the first couple days, you Not always trust what you can fit on a fork or spoon as a bite-full. I was far more satisfied with any food I could "Take-A-BITE-Out-Of." There's something Primal about using your TEETH to choose the amount of food you're sending to your stomach. I ate a soft fish taco in Five Bites and chewed completely. Wonderful!!

As well as putting off your first meal, for me at least, getting my second meal closer to bedtime keeps me from the later-evening cravings, kicking in. I eat and go to sleep about an hour later. Having "just eaten," I'm really Not Hungry.

I hope this helps.

Be a warrior! You're at the gates of all you ever wanted. Just know you won't need to Fight. Your adversary -- hunger -- honestly wants to surrender to the best life you could ever possibly want for yourself.

Peace, Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Wonderful

Post  IWillSucceed95 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:10 am

Thank you for your wonderful encouragements, Marc!
I totally agree with what you mean about 'bites' and 'mouthfuls. I realize now that I wasn't exactly biting my food, rather just stuffing as much of it as I can without gagging and trying to eat as much as I can! I can't believe that 5 bites of food are enough for you now. I wish to reach that stage...okay 3 days here i come. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier than today. Smile

IWillSucceed95

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:26 am

IWillSuccdeed95,

Welcome! Hang in there. I have found that each new thing that I learn along the way helps me in my journey towards my goals. Once you get past the first three days, it will get easier! This diet helps you to not only lose weight, but to discover how very strong you are. This diet forces you to do some "inner work" while you shed the pounds. You discover so many new things about the person that you are. It is a truly wonderful journey. I am here for you.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Day 2 + Thank you's

Post  IWillSucceed95 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:15 am

I cannot express how grateful I am for the support. It really is going to make this journey so much easier, knowing that I have some people supporting me. The reason why I say SOME is because...well my friends and my family thinks this is plain ridiculous and that I will become anorexic if I continue on this diet, get an eating disorder, become depressed, blah blah blah. I mean, it's ridiculous how they think I'll suddenly become anorexic. Last time I checked, anorexia is a mental disorder, so just because you are losing weight doesn't mean that you are suddenly anorexic! It's just amazing how...wrong people are sometimes.

Today was okay. I mean, I didn't want to eat breakfast because I heard that it helps you control your appetite better (thanks Marc) but my friends had to come over and they forced scrambled eggs down my throat...not literally but they were close Razz because of that, I ate 3 bites of scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. At lunch, it was better, and I only ate 4 bites of peanut butter and jelly sandwich (yum!) and at dinner I ate 5 bites or spoons of miso soup with rice. I also had to eat an orange under the scrutiny of my mom Sad If their interference keeps up, I probably will no be able to stick to original 5 bite diet, so I decided to modify it a little and now, my goal is to eat (if my friends and my parents force me to eat 3 meals a day uggghhh) 3~4 bites per meal, making it 9~12 bites per day (which is lower than 10 bites per day of the original 5BD diet). I hope that I will be able to stick to my new goal at the very least and lose some unwanted pounds!

Nothing taste better than skinny.

IWillSucceed95

Back to top Go down

A Little Mental Ammunition...

Post  16Again on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi Anne,

Yeah, it sure sounds like you're going to need some "ANSWERS" about the diet to relieve the concerns of those around you. But, still, I hope you realize how wonderfully Fortunate you are to have Loved Ones who actually care (even if they only have the capacity to show it with words that may be a little hurtful). Anyway, here are some quick answers to concerns about this very Safe and Sane diet. I like the term "Bullet Points" because you're going to have load your pistol with 'em and have it ready in your holster, for when you need to "shoot-down" Uninformed Objections and Opinions.

For your own sake, always start with "Thank you for your concern, but did you know...?" or "I'm really glad you're looking out for my welfare. Let me see if I can ease your fears..." This will start things from a less argumentative stand point.

Objection 1: "You'll become Anorexic"

• As you correctly stated, "anorexia [nervosa] is a mental disorder." You Can't catch it or Develop it through eating habits. And believe me, if you DID already have it, then everyone around you would already see the signs and be trying to get you some counseling. If everyone around you agrees that you could "lose a few," it's fairly safe to say that you do Not have anorexia.

• This is Just an "Eating Program" that mimics the way people who undergo Gastric Bypass Surgery MUST eat. There is No Way that the FDA would approve a surgical procedure that INDUCED Anorexia. And if GB patients went on to become Anorexics, NO Doctors would DARE do the surgery (for fear of Malpractice Law Suits!!)

• Also, can you imagine a Doctor actually Doing a Gastric Bypass on an anorexic -- maybe just to make their lives a little easier? No? Me neither.

Objection 2: "But you're not eating enough! It can't be Healthy!"

• Again, Doctors perform Medically Approved Surgeries to FORCE very-overweight/obese people to eat this little. We eat food for energy. When we eat So Little, our bodies feast on the food we ate Long-before (which has been stored as fat).

• And so, we're actually in a better position than GBS patients from at least TWO standpoints.

1. We're NOT needing to recover from a dangerous Cutting, Carving (or "Cuffing" i.e. LapBand), we're just Eating like they are.

2. Without the Forced Motivation of a surgery, we're using our MIND to finally get control over our misguided eating. It just LOOKS LIKE we are eating Post-Surgery. Many of those patients will begin to overeat after awhile, stretch-out their tiny stomachs. and gain some (if not All) the weight back. But We who CHOOSE to eat this way (though we may slip and fall once in awhile) are going into it with our eyes wide open and are Using our Strength of will (and actually "Developing More Strength of Will") each and every day.

• We who are heavy did ENOUGH eating for the past few months (or years) to supply ALL of our Energy needs to get us down to Our BEST LOWEST WEIGHT. Eating ANYTHING we want (though, Only 5 Bites of it) is just a BONUS and keeps us Happy and Sane!! When all the Fat is gone (down to a Doctor approved Body Fat Percentage), then we will begin to eat NEWLY Proper Amounts to maintain our energy needs. [And I dare suspect that will SEEM like a lot because we'll have So Much Energy!! And we'll be using it to push/pull around a much Smaller Body to do Everything Fun that we can imagine!!]

• It is absolutely "Healthy" to get down to our Best Weight Possible. How could it Not Be?

Objection 3: But your Goal Weight is TOO LOW!!

• Again, let's look at what the Medical Professionals have said about this. There is a Standard by which the Medico's know whether or not we are in a Safe (read that "healthy") weight range. It's called the Body Mass Index and it's a calculation based on height and weight. There is a range between an 18.5 count and a 25 count that is considered "HEALTHY" Below 18.5 is "underweight" and over 25 is "overweight" (over 30 is considered "obese"). But ALL The Way down To whatever weight gets us an 18.5 and 25 count is "Healthy."

• There are other considerations and numbers that we should take into account like Blood Levels of Cholesterol and Triglycerides and Body Fat Percentage (which have healthy "ranges" of their own -- specifically, too LOW a Body Fat % for women can lead to complications of the menstrual cycle and reproductive hormones.) But checking with a physician can keep us on the safe side of all these numbers.

So, anyway Anne, I hope some of this helps. Learn these answers. Get 'em down cold. And as is always best, Give these answers IN A LOVING manner. That will take some of the Sting out of Your loved ones comments.

Peace, Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Day 3~5

Post  IWillSucceed95 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Sigh... just when it was going great...
I haven't been able to control my sugar needs and cravings because it's that time of month.
I have never been able to control what I eat during those 7 days...sigh I guess 5BD is going on a hold for a little while.
I will still try to eat only 5 bites or 3 bites per meal either 3 times or 2 times a day but I'm not sure if I can.
That doesn't mean I gave up though!

This diet is AMAZING. I mean it.
My stomach already looks thinner than ever and my thighs...there were tiny little cellulites on my thighs that were bugging me for longest time that wouldn't go away and now, with just 2 or 3 days of this diet (last two days were just...almost binge) its gone. GONE. I am in love! Originally, I thought of giving up on the diet until my time of the month was over but now...no I have to keep going. I'll at least try to eat 5 bites per 3 meals if I can't do 3 bites per 3 meals. This is amazing and I can't WAIT for myself to be 110 pounds.

It's too bad I don't have a weight scale that works around my house so I can't really tell you how much I weigh. But it doesn't matter how much I weigh because my cellulite is GONE and my stomach is thinner than ever! Hopefully, I'll be able to measure my weight next week but until then, I will try to stay on track with the diet and hopefully be able to ignore my cravings. Today is kinda late though...already ate 2 pieces of dark chocolates and cakes...ugghhh why did I have them?

IWillSucceed95

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:44 am

IWillSucceed95,

I know what you mean by having trouble during that time of the month. I am coming off of that struggle right now. You are right. If you try your best to keep with the diet, the damage is not as great. You are strong. You can do this.

I agree with you, I LOVE this diet! It is going to help me to finally reach my goal of being slender and fit. You are going to reach yours very shortly.

P.S.

I would listen to anything that 16Again has to say. He is brillant!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top