Shedding for the wedding... just not mine lol

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Shedding for the wedding... just not mine lol

Post  Readyforchange on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Bridesmaid,

You are doing a tremendous job! The weight loss tends to fluctuate from week to week, but the weight is still coming off! Keep up the good work.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

disappointed... very disappointed

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:26 am

So... i've fallen off the wagon for the past WEEK. I've gained back almost all the weight I loss too! I've been having the darnedest time getting back into the diet! But I went to walmart and got 6 snickers bars. I'm going to stick to just the snickers for the next three days while I start again. I'm just so disappointed that I ruined all that progress I made!
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:34 am

The wait u put on this week should come off really fast way to go getting back on tomorrow
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Bridesmaid,

We all have learning days. I have been having them aswell. The key is to do exactly what you did- get right back to it. You can do this. We all can if we just reset and regain our focus. You are strong enough.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Day one... take Two

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:34 am

So I did good for today. I had coffee with sugar free white chocolate sauce for breakfast. A snickers bar at lunch with some diet Mt Dew and another snickers bar at dinner with water. I only slipped up a little bit at lunch and tried some of the new hummus we got for work. I ate about a tablespoon of that. I was doing good until right around 3 pm when I just started feeling tired, cranky, and VERY hungry. Just need to get through these first couple of days again while my stomach retrains itself to feel full on the smaller amount of food. Tomorrow I am doing snickers for lunch but it's my Grandmother's birthday so I am going to have 5 bites of dinner at a restaurant with my family. Since I wanted to do three full days of just snickers to get back into it I am going to do snickers on sunday and monday as well then see how I am doing and if I can handle regular food again or if the temptation to binge will be too great. Stay strong everyone and God bless!
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Just checking in

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Lol I'm on my second day of snickers only and I thought I'd pop on here as a way to distract myself from how hungry I am! I know i'm not really hungry and my stomach is just adjusting but man... it's taking all my will power to wait till dinner lol. Lost a couple of the lbs I gained back though so that helps keep me strong. Started looking at dresses for the rehearsal dinner... I will be thin enough to buy a cute one!
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  marie.barber on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:17 am

Hey, I just read your journal and I am SO PROUD of you for getting back on track! Okay, I know it's kind of weird for a stranger to tell you she's proud of you, but it's true Smile I've been lurking on this forum for months before actually deciding to commit to the diet and join, and I have seen so many people fall off and then give up completely. The fact of the matter is, it's very easy to stay on track once you've built up momentum, but getting the ball rolling in the first place is the truly hard part. I really admire the fact that you recommitted to doing what you know works, even though it's not easy right now. I hope if I ever encounter any similar struggles I can remember your example and get right back on track. Hang in there, you're doing great!

-marie-
marie.barber

http://www.facebook.com/your.lovely.marie

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:31 am

Well said Marie!

Bridesmaid, stay strong. You can do this. Getting back to it is the right step.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Thanks guys

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:06 am

Thanks for the encouragement! I still feel like a bit of a failure and I can't believe a wasted all my progress for a week of popcorn w/ hot sauce and cheap chinese food! However, I'm going to just try to let it go and move forward. focus on staying strong from now till the wedding. I have 84 days till I leave and I'm hoping for about 50 lbs. That'll bring me down to 142 which will hopefully be around a size 8 or so. Those aren't very scientific calculations but they seem to be reasonable goals with what this diet can do : ) I brought my pilates machine from home so as soon as I have that set up I'm going to try to get in an hour workout a day on it. Welcome Marie... I hope to hear more about you. Thanks again for the encouragement!!!
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Pilates

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:15 am

So today went pretty well. I had coffee for breakfast, a snickers bar and diet dr pepper for lunch, and a snickers bar and coke zero for dinner. I had one little slip up in the afternoon when a coworker made me a caramel macchiato When I got home I set up my old pilates machine that I brought to my apartment from my parents house over the weekend. I did a couple moves on it before my memory ran out of things to do. First thing I noticed... it works your core hard! That's actually what it's meant to do but man I forgot how intense it is on your core. I'm going to google pilates workouts tonight and set up one for tomorrow. I'm going to try to do some pilates for an hour everyday. Pilates is meant to lengthen and strengthen so i'm hoping it will help me on my slim down journey : ) I haven't decided about whether or not I'm going to do a fourth day of snickers only. I feel like getting back to the basics has done me good, but all day long today when I was making people food EVERYTHING sounded amazing lol. Even things I have refused to eat up until now. I'm not sure it that's a sign that I'm getting burnt out on snickers or if it's a sign that I'm not ready to resist the temptation that other food brings. Maybe i'll try to eat something else for lunch and if the temptation is too high I'll just stick to the snickers for dinner. One good thing about my little slip up last week was that I still haven't had to tell anybody about the diet. It's not that I'm ashamed but I kind of think it would be cool to lose a ton of weight and just amaze everybody at the wedding lol.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Re: Pilates

Post  marie.barber on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Way to go on sticking to your food plan- you're doing great! I don't know how you stay on track when you're surrounded by yummy food all day. I think the idea of testing the water with lunch with the option to go back to a Snickers for dinner is a great idea.
I personally have never gotten into Pilates but I wish I liked it, as I know it's such a great workout and you see Amazing changes very quickly. But I do know of an awesome site: www.exercisetv.tv I would definitely recommend you check it out. They have full length exercise DVDs for sale, but they also have a ton of free clips, some of which are pretty long. As I said I never do pilates but I just checked the site and they have 59 pilates clips to choose from, so if you don't find anything on Google you might want to browse there. Hope that helps. Keep up the good work!

-marie-
marie.barber

http://www.facebook.com/your.lovely.marie

Back to top Go down

pilates madness

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:14 am

Today went well. I've noticed that not eating breakfast is a lot harder on the days when I have to be at work at 7 as opposed to when I have to be there at 10. I think it's because I'm grumpy from getting up early ( I hate that) and plus it seems like I have to wait forever until lunch! Here's what I ate:
Breakfast: 16 oz coffee
Lunch: 5 bites of a BLT wrap
Dinner: 5 bites of a burger.
Lunch went really well. I stopped after my five bites with no trouble. However when I was eating dinner it was incredibly hard to stop myself from finishing that burger! I was completely full... stuffed even. But I just imagined the sensation of the gooey cheese and the crunchy picker and the soft bread and I just wanted to keep going! I ended up throwing it away so I wouldn't be tempted later in the night to go and finish it. I'm feeling kind of hungry now but it's really close to my bed time ( I'm a wuss when it comes to getting enough sleep lol I need my 9 hours!) I did 45 min. of pilates tonight. I think I will have no problem getting an hour in the more familiar I become with different moves I can do. I went back and forth between arm exercises and leg exercises though it seemed like no matter what I did my core was engaged. I've heard that you get more out of your work out going back and forth between upper and lower body exercises. I don't know if that's true but it helped me to keep going for longer because I was able to give tired muscles a break.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

temptations everywhere and not a bite to spare

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:50 am

Today went okay. Here's what I ended up eating
Breakfast: Coffee and a bottle of Nantucket 100% Apple juice
Lunch: 5 bites of a sausage and egg scramble pita
Afternoon: bite of Monterrey jack cheese to see if it was still good (it wasn't it was fridge burned) and pepper jack cheese (which was good mmm) and a bite of panda express shrimp.
Dinner: 2/3 of a snickers bar
Volume wise I think it all ended up being about right. I stuck to the snickers bar because I wasn't sure I would be able to stop myself from binging on anything else. I tried to make up for my slip ups a little by not eating the whole bar. Once again all day I couldn't think of anything but what I wanted to eat! The weird part was I wasn't even that hungry but I just wanted to shovel everything into my mouth. Everything looked good! I'm starting to wonder though if my real Achilles heel is liquids since that seems to be where I screw up the most. All in all like I said... I did okay but I def need to be just a tad stricter or I could just continue to down slide until it's last week all over again. I was a little sore today from pilates last night but I'm looking forward to doing it again tonight. I can see it as being an amazing way to relax and listen to music or watch some tv while getting some exercising in.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

lazy day

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:52 pm

So I called in sick to work today. I feel a little guilty because I was prob just dealing with allergies but I just could not make myself get out of bed at 6 this morning so I called in. I had a snickers for lunch because it's what sounded good. I like the simpleness that the occasional snickers meal brings in that I know there will be no temptation to eat more than my allowed 5 bites like there is with normal food. Tonight however I think I'm going to eat some left overs. I still have half of a chicken sandwich from Wendy's, half of the blt i got from work the other day, and almost all of my sausage scramble pita (i found out the last time I got this that one of those breakfast pitas can be almost 6 5 bite meals especially since I eat it with a fork and they are amazing no matter how many times i reheat it lol) I'm not sure which I'll eat prob just which ever one sounds the best when I go to have dinner. I haven't done anything active today mostly just hanging out on the couch with my cat and reading a book. I like lazy days like this and I probably partake in them way too often. I'm back to my lowest weight (188) before I had my slip up so hopefully I'll just keep losing from here. I'm kind of in an odd mental state though because I've never been lower than the 180's and part of me thinks I never will. I think that might have contributed to me sabotaging myself just last week but I'm going to try to stay strong and just have faith that this will work. I did some skin brushing today but I've been slacking off on putting lotion on everyday. I don't know why but sometimes I just don't feel like it. I don't know why... it doesn't take long and it isn't hard or unpleasant in anyway.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

slip up blah blah blah

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:27 pm

So I ended up eating 3 extra bites with dinner last night. So today I'm back to snickers for lunch and snickers for dinner. Overall I just feel..... BLAH.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

one day at a time

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:41 pm

So if it wasn't apparent in my last couple of posts I've been a little down lately. I've been reading everyone else's posts about maintaining and everything and I've just felt like the amount I have to lose is so much larger than everybody else and unlike everyone else I've never lost that much weight so this isn't an old hat to me... it's brand new. The most weight I've ever lost was 40 lbs and it was completely by accident. It mostly happened because I was living on my own for the first time and I had my first job so instead of just hanging around my parent's house bingeing on food I had to stand on my feet for 8 hours at a time and could barely afford the basics. Even then I went from about 220 to 180. Like I said i have not been below 180 since i was in jr high and I am feeling like it's impossible for me! The last time I began to feel this way the pressure got to me and it got so overwhelming that I binged. This time however I was remember a book I read when I was younger (I LOVE to read!) called "the late great me" and it's about a girl who becomes an alchoholic in high school. And when she goes to AA they explain their most know motto "one day at a time" like this. You can't plan weeks ahead a time. Am I going to drink at that party, am I going to screw up tomorrow. You can only plan for where you are. So I'm trying to look at my weightloss like that. Instead of planning when I'm going to lose ALL of the 80-90 lbs that I would like to lose. I'm just going to focus on today. Today I am going to stick to my five bites. I had a snickers for lunch and I'm going to have 5 bites of Chinese food for dinner. I'm going to take this weight on 1 lb at a time and enjoy each lb lossed and each bite taken and try to forget the rest so I don't get so overwhelmed again.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 pm

That is exactly the way to do it 1 day at a time the only moment u have control of is this one u can't control the next until u get to it just tuff it out u will be amazed at how fast it goes by u will be at you're goal before u know it
Dmac

Back to top Go down

going out drinking...bleh

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:04 am

So my roommates have talked me into going out drinking with them tonight... i've turned them down like 4 weekends in a row now. I hate drinking and I don't want to waste my calories on that. But it does sound kind of fun since I haven't been drunk since my 21's birthday... I just hate the taste of all alcohol... and I always end up throwing up whether I'm drunk or not! I'm prob just going to get some kind of liquor with diet coke. I dunno... I don't really know any low calorie drinks though I am partial to Sea Breezes and Soco and Diet Coke if I am drinking and not thinking about calories.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:14 am

Freshca and vodka is good and low Cal or diet mtdew vodka be safe and have fun
Dmac

Back to top Go down

thanks

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:50 am

Thanks dmac... I will be. I was just thinking that since I'll basically be drinking on an empty stomach (my five bite dinner was almost 4 hours ago lol) I'll prob only need 1 drink lol
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:54 am

Bridesmaid,

I really like your idea of taking this diet one day at a time. It does really help to eliminate the thoughts of how much you have to lose. You focus on just the current day and it helps with your stress. You are doing a wonderful job. You stay strong and hang in there. Today is a good day.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:06 am

Did you make it thru your night out
Dmac

Back to top Go down

188 curse finally broken

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Hey sorry I have been MIA for a while. I finally broke my 188 curse. I am sitting at 185 now so my next hurdle is going to be the big 1-8-0. A feat I haven't surpassed since jr high! I'm sick right now though so it's hard to feel super enthusiastic. On the other hand I am so nauseous I could only handle 5 bites of chicken noodle soup for lunch and I think it'll be easy to wait until after 6 for another 5 bites of soup for dinner.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top