Shedding for the wedding... just not mine lol

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shedding for the wedding... just not mine lol

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:03 am

I am on my 5th day doing the 5 bite diet. My personal story is that I have been overweight (or I've been aware that I was overweight) since I was about 6 or 7 years old. I am 23 5'0 and I weight a little under 200 lbs. At my highest weight right after I graduated highschool I was 230 lbs. I lost almost 50 lbs accidentally my freshman year ( i think it had something to do with living on my own and not always being able to afford food and I ended up living mostly on lunch meat and cheese) Over the past couple of years I have made more mone and slowly gained 20 of those lbs back and I didn't want to go back down that road. My sister is getting married this June and I am going to be a bridesmaid. At only 5' i am going to be dwarfed by the other bridesmaids and the bride who are all around 6' tall. I have promised myself that if I'm going to be the shortes bridesmaid i WON'T BE THE WIDEST!!! The first 2 days on the diet I stuck to just eating one snickers bar for lunch and one snickers bar for dinner. Since then I've been eating 5 bites of regular food (mostly free food I get from the cafe I work at) I think I may have been two liberal with my bites because in the 5 days i've been on the diet I I have only lost 4 lbs. I even gained a lb today!
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Re: Shedding for the wedding... just not mine lol

Post  twilight*17 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:39 pm

bridesmaid: are you near to your time of the month? The scale does wicked things to me when I am. Also, as I have said in my journal...Don't get on the scale except once a week. That is what made me quit this diet twice. This diet really does work but if you get on the scale every day you will be disappointed and quit. I made my hubby hide my scale. LOL! Razz
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

twilight

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Lol I think I'm about a week / week and a half away. But I've never been very good about keeping track of that sort of thing. My back starts hurting a day or two before so I always know when it's coming and I've never felt the need to track it. lol the numbers don't bother me... overall I think they are a very good start! It's just nothing like the 13 lbs I heard you were supposed to lose so I wanted to make sure that I was doing everything correctly. I'm kinda of keeping track all the numbers in an excel sheet as a little experiment/ journal. I've never really done a "diet" before so I'm just kind of interested in general about how it will all effect each other. I have heard that you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday before lol but I'm just too curious! My sister hates scales which I think is hilarious because she's tiny! They aren't my enemy but I prob won't judge my success by them either. Success will depend on how my dress looks on me : ) Luckily I was already going to need to get it altered because I had "weird" measurements. I was like a 45" 43" 45" so the dress shop had to order me a dress that was 2" too small in my waist and 6" too big in my bust and hips.
"
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:37 pm

You've never been on a diet before? wow...I've been on so many I can't even count them...LOL! 13 lbs. is probably what a guy could lose if he stuck to the diet the first week. My first week I lost 10. The 2nd time I did it my first week I lost 8 lbs. I don't think I will lose that much this time because I am doing 5 bites 4x a day...But that's just me easing into it...You will definitely lose weight with this diet...it's just a matter of sticking with it.. and you will have higher weeks and lower weeks...Definitely try not to think about the scale so much but more with how your clothes fit. If you try to get the diet to fit into your lifestyle so you don't think about it constantly it helps make the time go faster too. It's kinda tough with this diet but it will help. Very Happy
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:13 am

So I had some small progress today! I lost the lb that I had gained yesterday, but even better than that my apron at work was a little looser. We have to wear these black aprons and most people (myself included usually) wrap the strings once around the back and then tie them in front. normally I barely have enough string left to tie a small knot but today I could easily tie a nice neat little bow : ) It's something small but it made me very happy. For breakfast I had a medium coffee (w/ creamer oops lol) and some diet mt. dew. Lunch I had 5 bites of a heart shape sugar cooking w/ icing. I broke the bites down with my hand excluding all the edges because they were harder than the center. That made it easier to make sure I was eating the right size bite and it was delicious. Dinner I am having 5 bites of Curry Chicken with rice and provolone cheese (I'm actually eating it right now) I had to take a little break after two bites because I was tempter to take massive big bites lol because it is amazing.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:56 am

bridesmaid: That is great that you are seeing results with your apron! What a great way to measure!!! Not to mention your success at stopping yourself from taking huge bites of your dinner!! That is GREAT!! cheers Way to go!!
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Way to go Bridesmaid!

Sometimes it is the little things that help keep us on track and motivated. Progress is being made. Rejoice in it!!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:25 pm

For me it seems that my size changes 1 or2 days before the scale shows it stick to it and they will bought show. Sounds like your doing great
Dmac

Back to top Go down

hmmm

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:29 am

Oh man I to say I struggled at dinner would be the understatement of the year. Because I'm kind of poor right now weekends for me mean eating leftover free food that I got from work during the week. So today at lunch I had 5 bites of half of a buffalo chicken pita and for dinner I had five bites of curry chicken with rice again. Lunch was a breeze! I took very reasonable sized bites and threw away the rest with ease. I think it's because the total amount wasn't much bigger than my five bites so I could just pick out the soggy or less appetizing pieces and spend my five bites on the most delicious parts. But at dinner I still had an entire bowl of amazingness and my five bites from yesterday and today didn't really even put a dent in it. I could just picture how delicious it would be to just shovel the rest of the bowl in my mouth. Luckily I didn't. I feel really proud for not even taking a 6th bite because if I did I honestly do not think I could have stopped! I have a question for everybody. Up until now I haven't told anybody about the 5 bite diet. I haven't been hiding it but my roommates haven't noticed anything and it just seems unnecessary to announce that I'm on a diet. However it's going to be my birthday in a couple of weeks and every year my parent's, sisters, and grandmother come visit me and we go out to dinner. I don't know if I should just take a break for the night, save my bites from lunch and take 10 bites, or just stick to the diet and only explain it if people ask about it (which I know my younger sister will because she's a nursing student and a little over dramatic). I'm kind of hoping that by then I will have some progress to show them so if I do need to tell them it won't seem like a bad thing but a positive one. What has been your experiences telling people about the 5 bite?
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:41 am

If people asked me I always told them but not very many people thought it was a good idea and all had other ideas of what I should be doing it was annoying if I could do it again I would just say I was watching What I eat just keeping it simple and not lying people freak out when u say 5 bites but u say portion control and they are fine with it and it is still annoying people say I think u can go to ten now or your still doing that diet. But u still watching what your eating? And u can say ya everyone should watch what they eat. That's my 2 cents good luck and stay strong Very Happy
Dmac

Back to top Go down

grammy time!

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:52 am

Hello all. I had a pretty good day today. I had five bites of 1/2 of a pepperoni calzone and it was full of cheesy goodness. For dinner I had five bites of a chicken, guacamole, red and green bell pepper panini. My roomate got me a Raspberry Mocha and it seemed like it would be rude to refuse it. i was actually surprised it was good because the whole idea of fruit in coffee weirds me out a little bit. Tonight it's the Grammys and i'm really excited to watch them. I live in a rural area so I never really get a chance to see pretty dresses and stuff plus I'm a bit obsessed with celebrities in general lol. Tomorrow I'm having some friends over to drink some pink champagne and watch An Affair to Remember. It's sort of a Valentines Day tradition of mine because I've never had an actual Valentine. Surprisingly i still love Valentines day lol even if I usually celebrate it by myself. I bought a good sized box of heart shaped chocolates. I don't know if i'll have any myself. It depends on what I'm craving tomorrow lol. That's one thing I love about this diet. I'm not constantly thinking about what could be good to eat. I just think about what i have and out of that what sounds the best. Lot's of variety. Very Happy
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

10 for 10

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:54 pm

So today is officially my 10th day on the 5 bite diet. I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 10 lbs in 10 days. I was pretty excited when I saw that. It brought me down to 190lbs. That wasn't as exciting lol. I think it's great progress but that's pretty much been my average weight for about 4 or 5 years now. Sometimes I've been a little lower and sometimes I've been a little higher but for the most part I've pretty much stayed around 190. I did some calculations and if I keep losing at the same rate I will be at about 179 for my b-day. At first I was a little disappointing by that because I was hoping to have some serious progress to show my family when they came but I'm trying to keep myself on track and recognize that these are needed first steps. I honestly can't imagine how I will feel once I get into the low 170's and 160's. The truth is I have been 180+ since Jr. High so those will be numbers that I have never seen in my adult life! Stay strong all and God bless.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:04 pm

Bridesmaid,

10 pounds in one week is awesome! Don't ever be disappointed with that. You are right, you are taking the first needed steps towards better health. If you don't concentrate on getting down to a certain size by your birthday, you may not feel as stressed about your progress. Every pound lost is a step in the right direction. Your gift to yourself is a healthier you. I am very proud of you!!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:46 pm

10 in 10 that is awesome your on your way Very Happy. And happy Valentine's day Smile
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Awesome

Post  Slimw5bd on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Ten pounds in a week is awesome. I'm so happy for u. Remember you are ever closer to your goal.
Slimw5bd
Slimw5bd

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:11 am

Thanks for the support everyone! Today I had two cups of coffee for breakfast with a little creamer. 4 bites of a sausage breakfast pita for lunch. 4 bites of curry chicken w/ rice for dinner because I wanted to have a piece of chocolate later. I'm drinking some champagne tonight which prob doesn't count as being zero calories but it's Valentines Day so I still feel pretty good about just having some champagne and one piece of chocolate instead of a ton of chocolate. I'm not going to drink a lot just prob a small glass. For whatever reason I just love Valentines Day! lol So HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!
Stay strong and God bless.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Everblue on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 am

Wow, you did an excellent job today - saving the bite of chocolate. I 'm impressed, and hope I can do as well tomorrow.

Very Happy
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Yay... reward day.

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:18 am

Thanks Everblue. I ended up drinking 2 very small glasses of Pink Champagne, but I did only have one bite of chocolate so I'm still proud. Today was a pretty amazing day. I set up little rewards for myself for every time I lose 10% of my total weight loss goal. The higher the percentage the more expensive the reward is. I don't have them all figured out but I have the first couple written down in the excel file I'm using as a journal. I reached the first 10% today. So even though money has been really really tight lately I splurged and bought myself one of the new MAC Wonder Woman lipsticks. I had coffee for breakfast and I cut the amount of creamer I would normally use in half. For lunch I had 5 bites of chow mein and sweet fire chicken. For dinner I had 5 bites of a sausage scrambler pita.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

uh oh

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 am

Oh man so my roomates pizza just got here and they smell AMAZING! Must say no... muat say no lol. I think i'm going to have to have Pizza for lunch tomorrow lol
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Everblue on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 am

Excellent! You'll be drinking your coffee black before you know it. Wink

Enjoy your lipstick - you deserve it!
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:16 am

Bridesmaid,

You are doing so well. Keep it up. I like the idea of little rewards. I must use that! Stay strong.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Day 12

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:57 am

So I'm starting to feel like five bites is becoming second nature to me. I almost never feel hungry until it's about time for me to eat and I have no problem stopping after the fifth bite. I've noticed also that I'm paying more attention to my food because if I try to multitask I tend to forget what bite I'm on, but that I enjoy every single bite that way. I wore my size 14 jeans today that I had been avoiding since I had gained 15 lbs over the holidays. They were still a little bit tight but I'm on my way. Today I had a 16 ounce coffee with 2 creamers in it for breakfast. 5 bites of a pepperoni and basil pesto quesadilla for lunch and a diet mt dew. Five bites of curry chicken and rice for dinner. I also drink about 8 glasses of water a day : ) I started skin brushing last night and I'm still putting on lotion all over twice a day.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

hello

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Hey so my computer broke so until I get it back for Apple my posts will be kind of spotty. I'll get on whenever I manage to get on a computer lol. Still rocking the five bites : ) Today I had 5 bites of a pasta salad for lunch it had bow tie pasta, carrots, yellow squash, cucumber, onions, and some cheddar cheese. Anywho I'll write alot more once I get my computer back. Just thought I would check in : ) Hope everyone is doing well. God Bless : )
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

ugh... and maybe a little tmi

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:40 pm

So my second week is done and I've lost about 5 lbs. It isn't as high as the first week but my period just started yesterday and I (sorry this might be gross) have been able to poo in like three days. Any who I feel terrible right now. Cramps like you wouldn't believe and a ton of cravings too! I haven't gone over on my bites though so I'm staying strong there. Today I had five bites of a pepperoni quesadilla today for lunch and I'm going to have 5 bites of a sausage scramble pita for dinner. I've also had two cups of coffee today. Hopefully once all the pmsy stuff passes... ummm other stuff will too lol. Sorry for the gross info lol it's just been frustrating!
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:54 am

Way to go 5 lbs is sweet
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next