Hi.... question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi.... question

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 am

Hello! I'm new and I just started the 5 bite diet 5 days ago. I was wondering how long it took people to see results? I lost 3 lbs in the first day and then one more 2 days later but today I gained a lb. I'll admit I've been a little liberal with bite sizes and on the first couple of days I just ate snickers which is when I lost the most weight. Is this normal progress or should i seriously consider taking smaller bites? I heard you could lose 13lbs a week on the diet but It seems like i'll be lucky to lose half that.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi.... question

Post  Readyforchange on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 am

Hi Bridesmaidslimdown!

Welcome to the family!

Well, to answer your question, your weight loss depends on how strict you are. If you eat just snickers, like Dr. Lewis suggests, for the first two weeks, you might lose the 13 pounds that he states. I personally could not do that. For me, I just ate normal sized bites. The only concession that I made was that I now eat most meals with a spoon. If I have meat or anything that needs cutting, I do that ahead of time and then just use my trusty spoon to get my five bites. If I am going to eat a snickers bar, it would be for lunch. It really does help you to feel the correct volume of food. Following that plan, my first week on the diet I lost 9 pounds. It slowed down a little after that. I had a coulple of "learning days" in there. I haven't weighed myself for a little while, but at last count, I had lost 17 pounds in a little under three weeks. I also lost a full dress size. I have probably lost more weight than that by now, but I won't know until I get on the scale on Sunday.

You can lose weight quickly on this diet, you just have to stick with it and not give in to temptation. Sometimes when you gain weight for no apparent reason, you tend to have a bigger loss soon after that. I am not sure why. If you look back and read a lot of the other posts, you will see some extraordinary amounts of weight lost. Use those to inspire you.

How much do you need to lose? How quickly do you need to lose it? Let me know if I can help in any way.

I hope my post helps!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Ready for Change

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:30 am

Hey Readyforchange,
I have quite a bit to lose. I'm 5'0 and a little under 200 lbs. I would like to lose at least 75 lbs of those. As my name suggests I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding this summer ( I don't expect to lose it all by then lol) but the other bridesmaids are all 6' tall. I've kinda made a promise to myself that if i'm going to be the shortest at least I won't be the widest bridesmaid lol. I've been very good as far as the number of bites but maybe a little too liberal on bite size. I think at most large 5 bites would end up being 7 small bites. I have a rather small mouth, I never even got wisdom teeth or two of my 12 year old molars and my dentists were still a little worried that my teeth would overcrowd my mouth when I was younger lol. I have been overweight since I was very young and I am generally really rubbish at diets. To be honest I think these 5 days are the longest I have been on a diet. I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing for another week and if it's not working I might just switch back to the snickers for a couple of days so I know for sure what size bites I can take. But normally a snickers takes me more like 7 or 8 bites to finish lol.
Thanks for replying!
bridesmaidslimdown : )
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Welcome keep us posted with your progress and we're here for any. ? U might have good luck stay strong
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 pm

I don't know if this will help you or not but I have noticed if I eat something that i can pick up and take a bite out of...If I take the bite with the side teeth instead of the front teeth i get a more "normal" sized bite. I don't have a big mouth but I do tend to take larger bites. It takes me 6 bites for a regular snickers if I use my side teeth, probably more like 4 if I use my front teeth. Hope that helps a little.
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Twilight

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Wow twilight thats seems like really good advice! I think i'm going to try that.
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top