does anyone want to do a new years thing???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

does anyone want to do a new years thing???

Post  LemonLime on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:32 pm

Lets see who can lose the most weight starting the 9th of january through march the 19th. thats three months. lets do it. lets get our swim suit bodies ready
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

Re: does anyone want to do a new years thing???

Post  shanni82 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:25 pm

I would like to join you. I am starting tomorrow.
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayla88 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:44 am

Count me in as well!!! I won't be starting until maybe Thursday because I'm waiting for my potassium order to get in. I have seen too many ppl sick because of an electrolyte imbalance caused by dieting Wink

We can do this!

Kayla88

Back to top Go down

Yes!!!

Post  LemonLime on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Three ppl Yes!!!!!! lets get our beach bods on!!!!!! woot!!!!!!!!
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:47 am

Hey, How are you all doing?

I'd have joined you, but I found the Forum (and the diet) about three weeks too late.

Not to worry, though. I'm challenging myself to catch up to you all. Mid-March (six weeks) sounds good for a 30 Pound drop.

I'll be looking for a 40 Pound Challenge to follow that up.

Peace, Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:53 am

Hello 16Again,

Can I join you? I was a lurker for a long time and have only been on this diet oficially for almost 3 weeks (a couple more days and it will be three). It would be nice to have someone to talk to and be inspired by. I have read so many of your comments would be honored to take this journey with you.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi Readyforchange,

Yeah! I say let's join LemonLime, Shanni, and Kayla (if they'll have us).

Either way, let's Go For It!

I started last Tuesday (Feb 1) at 235 Lbs. And I'm gonna' strive for 205 Lbs (or Lower!) by March 19.

Sure it would be Quite the Challenge 'cause I've spent the better part of 30 Years at a weight greater than I am now.

But What A Milestone it would be!!

Let's just Get this right the first time. No Retreat (the -Treat[s] will come later) -- No Surrender!!!

Thanks for coming Along Very Happy

Peace, Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:32 pm

That's awesone!

I started about 3 weeks ago at 189. I am now at 172. It has not all been perfect, but I continue to try my best. My ultimate goal is to reach about 120 pounds. I would love to lose 30 with you by March 19th!. I'm on board. Thank you so much for the support!

No surrender!!

Write to you soon,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Can I join

Post  Slimw5bd on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:41 am

Hi Ready for change and 16again
Can I join you guys too? I've been on 5 bd for 3 days now, have to lose about 30 pounds
Slimw5bd

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Come on in and join the party!

Our missison is to become fit and healthy. I know that if we support each other and stay strong, we can do it! Thirty pounds by March 19th sounds like a lot of weight, but with this diet, it is definitely doable. I look forward to taking the journey with you. Just let me know if you need anything.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimw5bd on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Thank you Readyforchange
Slimw5bd

Last edited by Slimw5bd on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Slimw5bd

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi Slimw5bd!

Yeah! Of course you're welcome. I know you're up for this.

Anyone who starts can finish. Let's all stay in touch and finish together.

Peace, Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post  Slimw5bd on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Thanks 16again for the welcome. Let's get rid of the weight once and for all
Slimw5bd
Slimw5bd

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:16 pm

So, as challenges go, as of this morning I'm down 9 pounds from exactly one week ago.

I may need to readjust my goal if this keeps up (as I'm certain it will -- 'cause I plan to be even more joyously "straight and narrow")

By March 19th (at 9 lbs. a week in the next five weeks) I'd lose 45 lbs... Wow. Gonna have to get my head around that one. (181 lbs?!?)

But WORRY NOT my fellow Challengers. Even if my "Goal Number" changes, I'm still with you for us All to reach whatever goals March 19th holds.

Peace, Marc

16Again

Back to top Go down

Yay!

Post  Slimw5bd on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Yay, 16 again, so happy for you, 9 lbs in a week no small thing!!!!! awesome Smile. Keep your eyes on the goal, before u know it u will be there
Slimw5bd

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:37 pm

You are the man 16Again! cheers

I hope to do as well at my weigh in on Sunday as you did. If you need to change your goal, do it! We will still hang in there with you. If you get there sooner than you thought, all the better!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Last edited by Readyforchange on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:55 am

Okay, it's 7:30 pm and I'm Not Hungry at all.

I ate two sausage patties for lunch at 12:30 -- 4 Bites. (I think I mentioned before that I'm primarily "carnivorous.")

I'm toying with the idea of skipping dinner and going to bed early... BUT I'm kind of afraid that tomorrow morning I'll either be all "strung-out" and ravenous,... OR I'll be lethargic and loopy until lunch. Simple fear of the unknown.

So, by the time anyone has read and responded to this, I'll have made my decision with no turning back (for today, anyway) But, still, I'd love to hear...

... Has anybody got some experience with this dilemma? Could you let me know how it worked out for you?

The Doc (very briefly) mentions this potential event and encourages it ("extra fasting" he calls it or something like that), but he doesn't give us any anecdotes. Kind of a dark (not "black") hole part of the book

Peace, Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Near Noon Next Day

Post  16Again on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Alright, an Update.

It's almost 23 hours since I last ate. Kinda' loopy and slow on the UpTake but Not Very Hungry At All Until 5 minutes ago and I'm 35 minutes away from lunch.

Peace, Marc

Last edited by 16Again on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Sounds like you are on the right track! I wish I could go that long without being hungry...Would make my life a lot easier! tongue
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Well, I have to admit, living on my own seems to help.

My meals and mealtimes are mostly my own so I get to make all these choices without consulting anyone.

I've made it clear to friends and family that I'm not eating socially for three months and, if we 're getting together it will be for coffee or something like that.

Not that being alone Wasn't a spur that kicked me into emotional eating sometimes, but right now I'm only eating to provide fuel. I'm filling my time with other things.

Peace, Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Marc, you are so lucky you don't have to make dinner for family. Ugh! Every night it's "what's for dinner". It would be so nice not to have to cook while starving! I like your idea about telling friends that you won't eat out for 3 months! That is a great idea! Just about every weekend we get together with friends and get take out or we each make something. It's tough...Luckily I do have my son to "share" with. I feel bad for people that have noone to share with on this diet and still have to go out. LOL! Very Happy I guess we all find our ways to get through though! Thanks for sharing your ideas...every bit helps!! Surprised
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:54 pm

16Again,

How are you feeling now? Going without food for so long would make me light headed! I have not been feeling well, so I haven't been eating as much.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi Readyforchange, Live Long and Prosper!

I ate the same thing as yesterday (exactly 24 hours later -- 2 sausage patties). It was a revelation! I wasn't tired or dizzy but felt a bit slow. Still, I truly wasn't hungry throughout most of the morning. (Perhaps my body thought the multiVitamin I took this morning, with water, was a meal.

The first Bite? Wham!! Like I hadn't been hungry at all. I felt as though a light switch had gotten flipped. I was suddenly wide awake and "in charge"

As experiments go, it was pretty tame. I'll definitely do it again when my body asks me to cooperate in that way. Still, even now, I know I'll be having my 5 Bites for dinner tonight. Taking each day as it comes.

Stay strong 5 Biters.
peace, Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Monthly Success!

Post  Readyforchange on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Hey Challenge Buddies,

I posted my stats in my journal on Sunday to let you all know how I was doing. So far, after a month of 5 biting, I have lost 22 pounds! I know that it does not sound like a whole lot of weight, but it makes me extremely happy. I now weight 167 pounds. Down from 189!

As far as the challenge goes, I lost 5 pounds during my last week! That weight goes towards my 30 pound challenge. Just 25 more to go for the 30 pound challenge and a total of 47 pounds to go to reach my goal of 120. I can do this!

What made me the happiest were the changes in my measurements. Exercise, I must say, may slow down the actual scale, but it really helps to tone you up!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Hey Everybody!!

Sorry for the few days' silence. Was Kind of Down on myself after Blowing it last Sunday.

As they say in Weight-Lifting:

"Back, Racked, and Ready to Attack!!"

Just Dinner Yesterday (No Lunch) 5 Bites, only and Water All Day.

I feel great This Morning!

Peace, Marc

P.S. Oh, and to keep it upfront, I'm starting this week at 226 (this Tuesday), same as last Tuesday affraid Embarassed
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top