Back to top Go down

Re: Morticia's self torture ;)

Post  starbucks addict on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:21 pm

your doing great morticia keep up the good work! congrats on your loss cheers
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:50 pm

spinach and eggs sound so good! I need to pick up some spinach soon Smile Keep up the great work!
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:07 am

Ya congratulations you are doing great.
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  connie on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:07 am

I admire your discipline!
connie

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:21 am

Thanks everyone for the wonderful support! You guys are fantastic! cyclops

Today I woke up weighing 1. 6 lbs less! A good roll. I hope to stay int he 1 lb range for awhile, but we never know what our bodies will do.

I had another snickers for breakfast today. I have been eating them against my own advice because I have had insane candy cravings, I assume it's because I didn't stablize my blood sugar before going on the 5bite. Naughty naughty.... I do know better.

I will have spinach eggs again for lunch and nothing for dinner as usual.

I eat my breakfast at 9:00 and then lunch at 2:00 then nothing for the rest of the day but tea or water.

16.1 lbs until goal! I might start 5bite again if I am not happy there, but it's my goal for now.
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  connie on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Good going!

BTW, how do you stabilize your blood sugar? Is that just eating low carb? Tell me, tell me, lol!

connie

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Connie,

Normally I do it by eating high fat low carb and sugar free for at least a month before going on 5bite or in my daily life on a regular basis so that I don't binge.
I avoid fruit as much as I can because fruit is a sugar, although some fruits can be healthy, they do contain a high amount of sugars.

Mostly I eat good fats, portein, veggies that do not contain heavy starches, and all grains.

WWW.marksdailyapple.com talks a lot about this you can find out why this works there.

Here is a good start:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/blood-sugar-mortality/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/insulin-index/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-happens-to-your-body-when-you-carb-binge/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/artificial-sweeteners-insulin/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/diabetes/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-grains-are-unhealthy/

So here's a good start, hope this helps! Smile
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:35 am

I woke all though the night with a horrid headache. Then I woke again this morning at 5:00 because it got so bad I started to feel like I was going to throw up.
I have an easy time to get headaches when eating so low. It's because when a person under eats they tend to get dangerously low potassium levels which cause serious headaches. It has NOTHING to do with your "hunger-stat" like Dr. Lewis states. It's a true blue potassium deficiency, an anorexic is prone to them because under eating causes low potassium levels. Y0ou0 want to learn more you can google potassium levels and anorexia to learn about it.

Everyone MUST realize that they are eating the same and most likely even less than a anorexic (depending on the person) on the 5bite diet. But the difference is this diet is made for short term use unlike anorexia which is a disease and in time kills.

So you can and most likely suffer the same symptoms an anorexic will, if you experience strange things or certain pains you should look them up or talk to a doctor.
For me the cure is to eat just a little more today to get my potassium levels back on track.

Also tea blocks the absorption of vitamins and minerals the body needs, watch how much tea you are drinking.

If you experience bad headaches like me, here are some foods rich in potassium:

Apricots, dried 10 halves 407
Avocados, raw 1 ounce 180
Bananas, raw 1 cup 594
Beets, cooked 1 cup 519
Brussel sprouts, cooked 1 cup 504
Cantaloupe 1 cup 494
Dates, dry 5 dates 271
Figs, dry 2 figs 271
Kiwi fruit, raw 1 medium 252
Lima beans 1 cup 955
Melons, honeydew 1 cup 461
Milk, fat free or skim 1 cup 407
Nectarines 1 nectarine 288
Orange juice 1 cup 496
Oranges 1 orange 237
Pears (fresh) 1 pear 208
Peanuts dry roasted, unsalted 1 ounce 187
Potatoes, baked, 1 potato 1081
Prune juice 1 cup 707
Prunes, dried 1 cup 828
Raisins 1 cup 1089
Spinach, cooked 1 cup 839
Tomato products, canned sauce 1 cup 909
Winter squash 1 cup 896
Yogurt plain, skim milk 8 ounces 579

If you have the same problem as me you should try to incorporate these rich foods into your daily routine.
What did I do to fix the pain and get back on my feet? I ate food. Not a binge, not a lot, just a table spoon of liver paste, 1 slice of cheese and about 2 bites of a snickers.
Which as of now I will lay off the snickers, sugar does horrid things to my skin and body.
I might take today off to stabilize if my headache comes back. For me taking a day off does not mean eat the entire fridge. It means keeping myself at a healthy levels, with little nubbles here and there.
I want to be lighter but not dead! I am not that kind of woman, I love my life and my husband and children. Above all I want to be alive happy healthy for them, it's the whole reason I started to lose to begin with. It never had to do with my ego or vanity. Anything that puts me at risk I will fix, I am not so vain that I would prioritize my looks over my children. But I also am not a quitter, I didn't come this far to just give up. SO back to healthy it is. Today I will have my husband buy me some foods rich in potassium then I will add them to my 5bite routine.

There are some things one should notice on the 5bite:

Irregular or complete loss of menstrual period.
Dry skin.
Hair loss.
Bad headaches that are not light hunger pain but behind the eyeball serious pain.
Dizziness that does not go away in time

These are signs that your body is having a very hard time with 5bite and I suggest that you stop or maybe eat 5 more bites for a 3 meal day to see if that helps.
What's the point of looking great if you are dead?

Remember being smart and confident is much more attractive than skinny and sickly and having low self- esteem.

And as I said before I feel that Dr. Lewis' crazy notion that a woman should be on the lowest end of the normal range of a BMI is retardedly unaccurate.
When a woman is this low it is very common for them to lose their periods and often have reproductive failure. This is not attractive and not healthy.

A woman is beautiful when healthy and strong, when she is confident and smart, with all her womanly curves. A woman is most attractive when she is active and vibrant, happy and ready to embrace the world. Men are not attracted to a underweight, depressed, sickly, woman who's hair is falling out, skin is bad, is not smart enough to love herself.

Many woman strive to be like Hollywood stars, super models, runway thin. But really is it worth it and to what degree? To some people it might be, but do those people really love themselves? To me I do not find that attractive at all, I would feel so self-conscious not to have the parts that make me a woman, for instance my round butt, shapely hips, I would like to say big boobs but alas I am part of the itty bitty titty comity. Wink The thing is I love being a curvy woman, I am not obese and unhealthy, I am curvy, I am in my opinion 15 lbs too heavy but that is nothing. I weigh 160 and my goal is to weigh 145, if I am not happy there I will shoot for 135 but I would never ever go lower than that because I really love my body with meat on my bones, I have no problem getting good looking men (I married one) I feel beautiful and womanly. And I would never put myself at risk to be what any fashion magazine says is beautiful. I have never been so vain or so influenced by society or the media. I only want to lose the last bit of my weight to keep on track with a healthy weight nothing more. Healthy does not mean super thin! Healthy means a middle / normal BMI (which my great grandma had and she lived to be in her 90's). I want to be around a long time for my children and my husband. I also love myself, I am not a self hater.

Last edited by Morticia on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:56 am; edited 6 times in total
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:38 am

Being that I am a soon 35 year old woman with three kids that loves curves, here are some inspiring pictures for me.

These women are curvy, healthy, and beautiful. Other women might hate on them, but the truth is men LOVE them.

Woman are beautiful in all shapes and sizes. It's such a shame that the media has made such a fool out of us brainwashing us to strive to be something that is not healthy or perfect. Being untra thin is not and never will be healthy and being unhealthy is unattractive on both sides of the spectum. Starving to be perfect is not perfection, because being underweight is not healthy therefor you and thousands of other people in the world are only lying to yourseleves but I would also like to state eating if you let yourself become obese this is also very bad. One must focus on healthy choices, and also realize that a woman or a man can be beautiful at many different sizes. Think about it, we all come in different hights, bone structures, I have a large bone structure my head is 2 times the size of my best friend who is the same hight but has an extra small frame, now tell me how Dr. Lewis' low end of BMI theory works on us? We are the same hight and age Yet her has fits inside mine like a childs hand and he says we should weigh the same? LOL... Come on reality check, it makes no sense. Any smart person knows about mass and volume. At my university we weigh skeletal matter, I will say right away that bone structure does come in different sizes and different weight. Two people should not weigh the same just because of their age and hight.

How are we all suppose to be like these 14 year old stick thin runway models, early 20's victoria's secret models who never had heavy weight issues, have different genes, and have people paying for their diets, workouts, they have nothing to do durring the day but to focus on being perfect? I am not saying that they have it easy, I wouldn't want their lives. But why do so many girls and women strive to be them? When will they start to see their own beauty, when will they finally stop hating and start loving? We all have different histories. Some of us have different muscle mass, hormone issues, body fat, have had cancer, have larger heavier frames, different ages, etc.. We need to support and help eachother and remind ourselves that we do not have to fit into a mold, that if we choose to make a healthy change to become a good weight, a weight we choose for ourselves. Not a weight that society seems fit, not a weight that Dr. Lewis sees fit but a weight we feel happy at whatever it may be. A weight that is safe, yet comfortable.

Striving to love yourself, be healthy, and have confidence is the key to a good and happy life without this noone can never be happy.

In the end learning to love yourself is your greatest challenge.
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:11 am

I think its important to be comfortable with where you are going
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:09 am

^^ Yes Dmac it is, and to make smart choices.

Feeling better today, ready to go at it again.
Didn't weigh myself, I am sure I didnt lose any, I will do it tomorrow.

B- coffee
L- 5 bite sized meatballs
D- 5 bites of Chicken (havent had dinner yet but thats my plan)

I am going to have a hard time today I think because i didn't get good sleep. Sleep is important.
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:55 pm

your doing great keep up the good work!
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  connie on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:52 pm

I have been eating like a weight loss surgery patient. one or two ounces low carb meats, low carb veg every 3-4 hours. sipping water. I take my vitamins. I am losing very quickly and am always full. I feel full of energy and very good!
connie

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:11 am

I stopped doing the 5 bite diet, after a half year doing it I developed serious medical issues from poor nutrition.
I also gained most my weight back and fast during recovery.

I suggest to anyone trying this diet to beware of the future health effects it may cause.

I suggest intermittent fasting instead like eat stop eat or 5:2 or Fast 5. These are fast, effective, healthier solutions.

Please take my words seriously and proceed with caution.
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:42 am

I am not denying that you can lose a lot if weight on this diet and fast. Some people manage fine on it while others even when eating healthy choices lose more than weight. Their bodies have trouble getting enough nutrition so if this is your case make sure that you see the signs before it is too late.
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top