Those of you that ate 1 thing (like snickers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Those of you that ate 1 thing (like snickers)

Post  rachee08 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:58 am

I asked this in another post but I think this may be a more appropriate place for it.

Those of you who did eat just one thing for a certain amount of time, like the Snickers thing, what did you eat? Smile

And do any of you find it hard to eat things like pasta or salad, etc. Things w/ "pieces" I mean? I find it much easier not to "blurry" the lines if I eat something that is 1 thing. lol like a sandwich, burger, etc. Than soup, salad, or sides. Just curious if that's just me... Very Happy
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Eating 1 thing

Post  Jenny P. on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:53 am

I have done...
Snickers
Special K bars
Hot pockets
and small tacos
as well as tiny dollar menu chicken sandwiches or burgers
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Re: Those of you that ate 1 thing (like snickers)

Post  rachee08 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:08 am

oh cool! I was considering hotpockets1 How'd you like them? Can I bug u for the pros and cons of each, which one you liked best, which ones SUCKED, etc. lol if u have time, of course... Smile
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Post  hgoldens on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:59 am

Rachel-I ate the lean pocket chicken parmigean...sp?? and it was delicious!!!!!

hgoldens

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:44 pm

I used Snickers, Nature Way, mini croissants. the best way that worked for me was natura way's since it was healthier and left me full.
Koko

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:22 am

cool!! I think I'm goin back to nutri grains again. lol Smile when I can, if I'm w/ the fam or w/e its no biggie... but I'm goin to nutrigrain bars tomorrow. Smile
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Post  gettingsmaller on Thu May 06, 2010 1:22 pm

If anyone is doing Snickers, and you have a Harris Teeter grocery store around you, Snickers and Milky Ways are buy 2 get 3 free right now. Walgreen's has them 49ยข each.

gettingsmaller

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Thu May 06, 2010 1:39 pm

wow chocolate is expensive in Australia :p

we pay just under $2 maybe $1.8 on sale (on a good day lol)
Phil
Admin

http://5bitediet.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tose of you who ate 1 thing

Post  Jenny P. on Thu May 06, 2010 5:47 pm

So I'm finding that the cons of alot of those one serving foos is that the food is crap. I know that Dr. Lewis says that everything digests to the same thing but I don't think thats true. After a week of eating snickers bars and hot pockets I felt like shit. I am going to try the crepes. But I deffinately recomend chicken, fish, eggs, veggies and fruits for the five bites. You'll feel better and the weght will come off faster.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  gettingsmaller on Thu May 06, 2010 8:51 pm

I agree with you Jenny. Plus, Snickers bars are now making me slightly nauseous. The whole point is really to eat whatever you want, just not much of it, and I really like healthy foods.

gettingsmaller

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 on Thu May 13, 2010 8:01 pm

I don't like the snickers only either unless I really have a sweet craving. Smile I like hot pockets but they're more like 10 bites for me! haha sooo, I waste 'em and I HATE wasting food. I feel so guilty. I don't mind putting things in the fridge for later, but hotpockets are hard to do that with. sooo nutrigrains/fiber 1 bars/soyjoys/and lunas are my jam! haha I tend to do more sandwiches than anything though. 1 slice of bread in half is 5 bites w/o crust! Wink
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 on Thu May 13, 2010 8:07 pm

ooh, yeah and has anyone heard of full bars?? They are designed to eat before a meal to fill u up if u drink water with them. They absorb it and expand in the tummy... that would be like a PERFECT 5 bite thing I think... hmmm. Smile I may try a box 2morrow, the only thing is I like to eat actual FOOD not a little bar, except every now and then, otherwise I feel jipped. lol
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. on Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 pm

that sounds awesome. Where do you buy them?
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

food in bar form...

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu May 13, 2010 10:47 pm

i could never do that. i would open the wrapping and stuff it in my mouth before taking a breath and then look for another. oops.

omg so i was just talking to my sister about this the other day, granola bars--- honestly u have one for lunch and u feel like eating another 2 and they have lots-o-caloriessss too. i feel like they put something in these things that makes u want to eat them. atleast to me they arent that satisfying, maybe its the sugar, or the the amount of carbs in those things, but whatever it is--- i eat one and im like --- do do do im glad i have 3 IN MY BAG!

or it could be cuz im maybe just a sweets monster... Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Milky Way Midnights=4 bites!

Post  j on Sat May 29, 2010 5:32 am

Hello, my name is alisa, I'm from the five bite diet forum on diet-blog.com.

I ate a chicken nugget and a milky way midnight for my five bites on some days...it worked very well. Milky way midnights are less ounces than a snickers, so i counted them as four and the chicken nugget as one.
j

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:54 am

I find that sandwiches are best for me! But I have a badddd habit of taking big bites! I have to watch that. Smile
rachee08

Back to top Go down

RE:

Post  thinkthin on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:30 pm

yeah, i definitely find that eating a sandwich/ burger/ panini where you can actualyl hold the food and count the five bites as you eat them muuuch more easy to gauge than if I were to eat a salad. So what I do, is I try to make a sandwhich out of pretty much everything, eg. Toast with veg and chicken inside. That way you get your veg, protein and some carb into your meal, while still being able to stick to the diet!! But yeah... it does get monotonous but this is only a diet, so its not permanent!! Smile

thinkthin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:03 am

I never just ate one thing. If your body does not get the the right nutrients that always leads to serious binging. That's why vitamins and and protein are essential to this diet. Both proteins and healthy fats are also what produces leptin, which tells the hypothalamus gland located in your brain when you are full, suppressing the appetite.
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pam3937 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:45 pm

Excellent point Morticia! (Please forgive me, I answered your other post but got confused and called you by Lyra--sorry.) I hadn't thought about your points, but good to know and from my own experience, if I have a balance of protein, carbs, good fats, and also some dairy (yogurt), I do not have any cravings at all. I did notice that unlike other candy bars, the snickers bar satisfies me very well. If I were to add anything to that meal, like at maintainance, it would be 1/2 cup of milk for the extra protein. later! Hugs, Pam

Pam3937

Back to top Go down

Post  bumbershoot on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Snickers are the thing that are getting me through this diet- without that chocolatey boost, I'd probably give up. For a healthier option, I'd probably choose a cereal bar, or maybe a banana. I havn't tried those yet. Maybe I will. Very Happy

bumbershoot

Back to top Go down

Post  jxkx on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:59 pm

fish sticks , chicken nuggets, these frozen things called Tornadoes in the Mexican section of frozen foods... , 1/2 of a Stouffers frozen meal... turkey tettrazinni... doesn't do bad reheated for later day meal....

jxkx

Back to top Go down

Post  AttackPenguin on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:31 pm

If you live in the city and are looking for takeout, I've found sushi really easy. If you order one of the small cheap rolls (like the ones that just say tuna and cost $3-$4) it's the perfect size. Maybe its cut into 6 bites instead of 5, but realistically you could shove it in your mouth in 5 if you really wanted. Throw in a bowl of miso soup or another low calorie clear soup and you even look like you're eating fairly normally, if you need to keep up appearances around colleagues.

I hate granola bars - I can always taste the preservatives for some reason. I'm sticking to tiny sandwiches at home. I can't bring myself to throw away food like he suggests No

oh and I second the dollar menu thing - I love me a Whopper Jr. and I'm excited to be on a diet that allows them!

AttackPenguin

Back to top Go down

Show for TLC

Post  TLCShow on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Hello,

I am casting a show for TLC about people with crazy diets. I read your comments about "eating one thing" diets and it would be great to have the possibility of sharing your stories our on show.
If you're interested please contact : tlcobsessionshow @gmail.com

Hope yo hear from you!

TLCShow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top