New Challenge Anyone??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Challenge Anyone??

Post  scibior25 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:43 pm

I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting a new challenge?? I know I could use the motivation.

scibior25

Back to top Go down

Re: New Challenge Anyone??

Post  3jaysmom on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:41 pm

I would love it, I've been the only one on here for the last month!! I need some motivation. I think I'm going to go all snickers for 2 weeks. I've been off and on this diet for 5 months, and started the snickers thing for the first time a few weeks ago, and I have to say, it sounds crazy but it totally works better than 5 bites of anything for me. I'd be up for anything you want to try.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

I'll Do the Challenge

Post  Jenny P. on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:51 am

Sorry guys, i've been MIA for a while. I'd like to do the challenge. Are we starting today?
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Good to see you, Jenny! I'm glad you're back. I have no idea what we are doing, I just wanted to get back on track after losing nothing over the last few months. How about we officially "start" next Mon? How about a 10 pounds in 2 weeks challenge? Let me know what you think. Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:27 am

That sounds good. It will give me a chance to get my head in the game. So we are on for next Monday the 13th? 10 lbsWoohoo!
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:39 pm

yes! I'm so ready to get this weight off! It really helps knowing I have someone to "check in" with. I'm trying for 5 days of snickers, they seem to really work for me. I think 10 pounds in two weeks will help get things started up again. Game on!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:24 pm

that sounds like a plan. I don't really like doing the snickers, I will probably just count bites.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:23 am

Whatever works! Your body doesn't care what you eat, you just need to find something you can stick with.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:44 am

So I was thinking this morning about how long of an endevor this is turning out to be.

3JaysMom, Do you remember talking about starting this diet the FIRST time and talking on the comments page on DietBlog.com?

Good grief, I am so ready to take this seriously and get it over with, I want to be skinny Smile
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Oh yes, I remember, it was May, I think. I lost 30 lbs soooo quick, the last 15 have been. so. slow! I've been doing pretty crappy the past two days, just in time for our challenge to start on Monday. I'm acting like its my last meal or something. One more margarita tonight, and I'm done! I swear Embarassed

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:44 am

OMG the old crew is back!! whoOO!!!!

guys i know im a little late for the challenge, but i think that for everyone on this forum we can really do this. I tried doing this with a friend the other day and it worked out as a great help. The support with groups like this im sure is even better!

im going to try to get on the wagon tomorrow and lose as much as i can by monday, i WILL be back to my old weight, i WILL feel good about myself again, and i will NOT lose control like this anymore. We can all do this. Just wake up in the morning and decide that this is happening and then just control ureself. KNOW that this is a short term goal, and once ur there, weigh in often and monitor ur weight within like a 2lb margin and ur fine!

i maintained for about a month and then with the stress of exams i was like SCREW IT i have to do everything that i can to make this test happen. Now that its over and behind me i feel gross for having let myself go, but at the same time i was necessary.. So im back with a vengence. I think im at 115 now (i was 105..) so thats 10lbs. Its NOT a huge goal, and now that i have 100% of my day to work with it, i can distract myself when i feel the urge to nibble, i can go for a walk, do some gardening, take a bloody nap if i want to.... and just let this weight go FINALLY.

tomorrow im going to do a salt water flush sometime in the late afternoon, that should help to clear out anything that im holding so that i can start off this diet properly. Once i get back down to 105, im going to be hitting the gym hardcore and building up all the muscle that i know i lost.

Sorry, kinda had like one idea and then just ran with it probably in the wrong spot of the forum... all the best guys!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Well, today is Monday. Here we go....

Tea, I'm glad everyone is back too.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:29 pm

So glad to have everyone back! I had my mexican food for my "last meal" and I'm ready to go. I'm going to have my first 5 bite in about a half hour. I've overdone the coffee this am to get me through, and now I have the shakes. I have to remember that I can only have 1 med if I'm not eating anything else to balance it out!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:44 am

I'm in as well Smile so we are aiming to lose 10lbs in 2 weeks right??? I'll ignore today cause I've been naughty :/ will pick it up again tomorrow for sure and will have to remember to load up on tea and coffee!!! Hehe yay us!!!

On a side note I actually went back to diet-blog.com and read a few inspirational posts it was good!! I wish 5biter, Big Daddy and the likes were on here they we truly inspirational!! I wonder how they are going now days??
Phil
Admin

http://5bitediet.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:15 am

I was wondering the same thing. I love going back to the diet blog stuff, I've read them all like it was a book Smile

So, Day 1 went off perfectly. I've decided not to weigh myself until the two weeks is up. Maybe two perfect weeks will make this a habit, I hope so. I'm in a wedding next year and I want to look stunning in my gown Smile
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:28 am

u will look amazing!

my 'goal' is to lose 100lbs by April next year... but that being said it would put me very close to the 18.5 BMI... so im not sure if its realistic or not... but that's my goal! Do you think its possible???
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:54 am

It totally is. My plan is 80 (or 90, who knows..) I'm at 45, so half done. If I can do it, you can! Just take it a few weeks at a time, and take time off when you need to. Just keep weighing yourself during that time to make sure it doesn't creep back on!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks 3jaysmom Smile

I gotta kick my butt into high gear and just do it... But once again I'm struggling with getting right the first few days... I keep slipping up... Any tips please??!
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 pm

yea i totally understand phil, i use alot of tea to get me thru rough patches in the day. Just throw a little stevia in it to keep the calories low and its really a helper. Coffee is good to if u can tolerate the caffeine- but i usually need it with sugar and milk and thats piling in the extra calories for no reason. Also some people say chugging water will expand ur stomach and make u more hungry- but liquids dont do that by nature. If there is no food in the stomach then it just pushes on thru. I like to chug down some water when im feeling the urge and i know im mentally hungry more than physically. Also for the last 3 days, my mid day 5 ish bites have been a non-solid- i just take some spoonfuls of hummus. Just that when i chew on something i feel like i want to make a sandwich or finish off that tupperware of chicken in the fridge or watever... like chewing gets me into the swing of eating or something. Also the Yerba Mate tea has been very helpful with keeping my mind away from eating, helps me focus on whatever im doing rather than let my mind drift towards eating something delicious after ive had my 5 bites and i know its off limits- didnt have any today, but i havent been feeling nuts with the cravings today either. Sometimes its helpful to think for a sec what it is u want to eat. Like yesterday for example- before even going towards the fridge i was like alright what do i want- salty? spicey? sweet? i wanted a little flavor so i just took a little quarter teaspoon of spice mix and enjoyed the flavor in my mouth. No calories but i got my flavor hit. Taking a little hit of salsa is great for spicey, or capers if u want salty, a bite of cheese for creamy, or a spoon of honey/sweetner if ur int he mood for sweet. All almost no calories. At least for me, it kinds helps to think about what my mouth wants, cuz otherwise ill go in the fridge and eat some strawberries, then some chicken, then some yogurt, then some oatmeal, and all the while not be satisfied with what i had- but have a horrible stomach ache cuz i stretched my tummy again!!!

hope that helped!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:20 am

it did help Tea Smile thanks!

I will try to keep it in mind and hopefully it will be ok... on another note i am trying a new way of thinking (TRYING is the keyword haha) normally i would throw in the towel if i eat to much at a meal... so instead of throwing in the towel and spiraling out of control for the entire day what i am going to try and do is acknowledge that I stuffed up but then make my next meal perfect... as if the mistake didn't initially happen... i've heard it works?
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:48 am

Phil, it totally does work. sometimes i would find myself for going over for one meal, after being good for the 10 before it, and be sooooo mad at myself. like, "oh my god how could i ruin a perfect week?" but, you have to do like you said, and pretend it just didnt happen and move on...if you dwell on it, you will end up going on a few day binge, and then having to start all over again. also, dont skip your next meal to "make up" for it, because i think that skipping a meal is like reminding yourself that you messed up. Also, binging and then skipping just sends you into a bad spiral. Very Happy JUST GET TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:08 pm

agreed. I used to do the bad meal- punish with a day long fast and then eat 5 bite the next day. BUT after aday long fast ur convictions to stick to 5 bites are kinda low- so u binge.. doesnt matter if its on carrots or cakes, u still add so much more to ur stomach than it got used to and then u end up in a tummy tantrum. I've been kinda doing like ur doing aswell this time around- trying to stick to the diet as best the book outlines. i cant do snickers cuz chocolate will make me break out BUT i try to make the 5 bites of watever im feeling for at the time. When i do mess up, i try to not skip the next meal but kinda do my best to act like it didnt happen and just eat 5 bites. When i was binging and punishing i actually wasnt losing any real weight. i would gain a 2 in a little while of bad and then fast and then lose the weight again. But for a month i just maintained this way- albeit miserably. hang in there!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 am

Owww I've been naughty!!! But it's back on tomorrow... It was my birthday yesterday and I've still got friends who want to take memoir tonight :/

I'm a little worried bout getting back on the scales... But gotta jump on the wagon again! Don't want my hard work to go to waste :p

I'm gonna dig up old journal on here and use that again Smile
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:07 pm

happy birthday phil!!!!
birthdays are exceptions to the rule- go enjoy it in moderation, then come back and focus on ur goals
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Halfway to 10 in 2!! I havent weighed today, I think I'm going to wait for next week. Did anyone else weigh in? Any losses?

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top