Tips, Tricks, and "cheats"

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tips, Tricks, and "cheats"

Post  rachee08 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:52 pm

I thought this would be a good place for us to post little tricks that we learned over time (like eating 1 thing the 1st week, etc.), tricks (like drinking lots of water, or things that help w/ the shakes, etc.), and "cheats" (like those of us who have added in breakfast, still have creamer or sugar on our coffee, or other things like that that haven't hindered weight loss and make things easier on the diet).

Personally, I used to add in breakfast and now I don't have it, and my weight loss is about the same, I just prefer not to wake my appetite that early. Razz

I have a cup of OJ at about 10 AM if I'm just sittin at home bored and really growlin in the tummy. haha

I did the snickers thing and it really helped! Smile I also used Fiber 1 bars or Nutrigrain Bars, etc. (I'm thinking bout doin the Nutrigrain bars again starting tomorrow for the first 3 days!! Very Happy )

Thats all the tips I can offer but I'd like to hear ya'lls' because I could sure use 'em! haha!!
I have another specific question too: THOSE OF YOU WHO DO THE 1 TYPE OF FOOD A WEEK THING, WHAT DID U USE?? Smile Thankssss!! I love you

rachee08

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips, Tricks, and "cheats"

Post  diet74 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:44 am

well i've always had my coffee in the morning.
That is one thing I would never give up.
Every morning I have my big bowl of coffee with 3 tsp of raw sugar and some creamy soymilk.

I did that all the way through losing 32 pounds on the 5 bite diet.

But apart from the coffee, I really stuck to the 5 bites for lunch and 5 bites for breakfast.

I also really really had to drink a lot.

Loads of herbal tea , loads of lemon water...zero calories.

The evenings are tough so I would always have gum to chew on.

diet74

Back to top Go down

Post  diet74 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:45 am

oops, I meant 5 bites for lunch and 5 bites for dinner in the previous post!

diet74

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:04 am

haha!! Thats me, I have to stick pretty closely to the bites so I don't go overboard. I do try to walk 30 minutes a day but I don't always squeeze that in. and if I get shakey I just drink a little bit of OJ or a tsp. of PB and move on. Smile I don't really get shakey though. sometimes adiet coke will kill my shakes too! weird huh? I think its all in my head... hahaha

rachee08

Back to top Go down

Weightloss is a mind game

Post  Phil on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:55 am

I really believe that weightloss is a mind game... The mind is such a powerful thing and the stuff it's capable of is amazing... Like the tibeten monks resisting pain etc... Now just have to figure out how to turn the game ON :p

Phil
Admin

http://5bitediet.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

More tips, tricks and cheats

Post  Jenny P. on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Keep a stack of magazines weighing the same amount you want to lose. When you lose weight remove some magazines from the stack. It will be thinspirational to see that pile slowly start
to get smaller. Use fashion magazines so that they also can inspire you as you remove as you lose.

When you get a craving, count to 100 really slowly, and it might pass. Dr.s say that counting changes the minds direction in thought.

Weigh yourself with a weight in your hand and then take that weight off and weigh yourself again... Think about how to lose that weight mentally

Never eat in secret. This is the worst habit to get into.

Do the 4 D's Don't relapse, Distract yourself,Decide your Goals and Distance yourself from Food.

Find a Buddy. Weight loss always comes easier with a buddy.

Arrange your house so you wont eat... Put things away in high places you can't reach. If you have to get a chair to cheat you might think twice.

Iced water:
Drinking ice cold water makes your body burn more calories, because your body has to work harder to raise the temperature of the ice cold water to your body temperature( which is around 98 degrees)
Drinking an 8-ounce cup of ice-cold water burns 8 calories depending on your BMI
Drinking 8 glasses of iced water a day and Burning about 8 calories for each glass = 64 calories burned per day.
Over a year you can imagine the calorie loss.... 64 calories burned per day equals 2.9 kilograms of lost fat.
And remember, the more you drink the more you lose, Christina Ricci once said that she drinks 4 litres of water a day!! (plz don't go over 4 though, it can be dangerous as much more than that will dilute the sodium content in your blood and can lead to a
stroke - try 3 liters, you'll have GLORIOUS skin)

Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Brilliant tips!! Did you make them up or did you find them Jenny? Ur awesome!

Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hgoldens on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:59 am

Jenny P-thanks for the tip on the water, I had a huge headache yesterday and I drank water and it went away...now that I know it burns calories I am off to get a glass right now:)

hgoldens

Back to top Go down

More about Water

Post  Jenny P. on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:32 am

I should add a caution to my previous post. Don't overdo the water. WAY too much can be really bad for you. To avoid electolyte loss have some gatoraide or another sports drink. Diluting your electrolytes can be fatal. Don't go over 4L and have a sports drink especially if you work out.

Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  hgoldens on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:12 am

Thanks Jenny, I can usually barely get my 8 glasses in...this inspired me to get my 8 glasses a day!!!

hgoldens

Back to top Go down

Is this a stupid tip/idea or could it work??

Post  Phil on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:11 am

I was thinking... Since I'm finding it hard to stick to the diet (actually not cause I'm hungry but because I know I self sabbotage) do you think its stupid if I split my 2 snicker bars in half and have 4 half snicker bars throughout the day? I mean it's still with in the limits of the amount of food we should be eating but do you think it will affect weightloss???? Also I have just brought these new muslie and fibre bars but they are only (31g - yogurt bar and 35g - Fibre bar) do you think having 4 of those a day would be wrong ?(since I think a snickers bars is around 60g right?? So really even if I had 4 it would only be about 12g extra of food which could be burnt off breathing :p) I'd love to get you opinions cause I will do anything to make it work!! Very Happy btw this place is comming alive!!! I love it!! Sorry if my post is confusing :p

Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hey Phil

Post  Jenny P. on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 am

I don't think thats a stupid idea at all, one of the nice things about this diet is it's simplity which allows it to be customizedto fit each person. The only thing I would be concernd about is that you would be hungry all the time. I mean if your hungstat is at 5 bites and you eat 2.5 won't you be starving And then say you set it to 2.5 bites then the next time you have five bites you will be stretching your stomach and you will be hungry again.
so I guess my point is that consistency is the key (and also the hardest part) too not being miserable. As far a losing weight, you wil be eating so few calories with that plan you will still be sure to lose weight. So I guess if this new plan will keep you from overeating, then I say "go for it!"

Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Awesome

Post  Phil on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:58 am

Jenny P- I know what you mean but i just looked and the snickers bars are 53g each NOT 60g lol so i dont mind having 3 bars and not 4 Smile I will give it a go and see if i can do it... HOPE SO Very Happy

Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hgoldens on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Phil,

I tried to do it that way and it worked for me...I think it was the 17th time I started the 5BD...lol.
I would keep my snickers bar with me and then if I felt like I needed to eat something I would take a bite. Just doing the 5 bites is hard cause I get my 5 bites down and then I feel the need to nibble. I went back to eating the 5 bites cause I am trying to learn how to tell my self "NO"

Also a thing that helped me is that I would take 5 spoonfulls of something or what looked like 5 bites of something and take really really really small bites....my 5 bites turned into like 30 (but acctually only 5 real bites) this really worked for me!!

hgoldens

Back to top Go down

Sounds Goods

Post  Phil on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:11 pm

hgoldens sounds good! Im desperate to do this well!!! i just had a bite of the high fibre muslie bar and some water... now when i feel the need to nibble ill just have that till lunch time Smile... maybe ill do the 5 spoons thing for dinnerr tonight with my family Smile that way i can still have what they are having Very Happy btw where are you from hgoldens?

Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum