Hello from the sea witch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from the sea witch

Post  Ursula on Sat May 09, 2015 5:24 am

I hope this is an active forum, I want to support and be supported. I am starting the 5 bite tomorrow. I need to lose ten pounds a week for the next four weeks for a trip.

I realize this is not a healthy goal, but it's my goal, and it's important to me. Once my trip is over I can slow down a little, but honestly the whole 2 pounds a week thing doesn't work for me. Period. I cannot stay motivated at that rate. I bought a used nordic track elliptical that I love, will be using that in the mornings.

My roughest time is at night. My willpower starts to just disintegrate.

Thanks a bunch for having me. Smile

Ursula

Back to top Go down

Hi

Post  TaoGnosis on Sat May 09, 2015 7:42 am

Hey I just joined today, too. So welcome.

I don't have any upcoming event (other than the rest of my life) but I'd really like to do this clean for as long as it takes to lose about 100 pounds. So two pounds a day or one pound, either one's cool with me. You're absolutely right about two pounds a week being uninspiring.

Let me know if I can help. If nothing else, we're both here.

TG

TaoGnosis

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from the sea witch

Post  Ursula on Sat May 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi TG, it's nice to meet you. Smile 40 pounds is just the tip of the iceberg for me for sure, ideally I would like to lose 75 pounds. 40 is the minimum it will take me to not feel miserable and embarrassed on my trip.

Drinking my coffee and had my vitamin, going to get on the elliptical for 20 minutes.

Mornings are easy, and after binges are easy, as far as saying "this is it." It's the hungry nights and evenings where it starts to fall apart. And the cycle repeats itself.

I'll try and check in often, I am wishing you success and happiness and will power!

Ursula

Back to top Go down

Nice to meet you, too

Post  TaoGnosis on Sun May 10, 2015 2:41 am

Y'know, I read something once in a book* on the circadian rhythm (sleep patterns, et al) about how going to bed late sets off this cascade of hormones that causes a false appetite and chances are, when we try to tamp it down with food (instead of going to sleep) we do it with sugary and starchy things. Strangely, i found that to be true. I never wanted beef jerky or roasted chicken. Hmmm.

Getting to bed earlier kept me from sweet desserts. But seeing as how I'm here, sweets weren't my only problem Embarassed

I'm obviously someone who likes TOO MUCH of a good thing. Best of luck.

Tao

*Lights Out by T.S. Wiley

TaoGnosis

Back to top Go down

Post  Ursula on Sun May 10, 2015 11:31 pm

That's really interesting, I tend to stay up very late and hadn't heard that. Sugar cravings are intense for me, it's my biggest trigger.

So far so good.

Ursula

Back to top Go down

Sugar's the worst for me, too

Post  TaoGnosis on Wed May 13, 2015 11:32 pm

I get the whole sugar thing. I'm doing the diet completely fat and protein. No sugar or starch at all.

TaoGnosis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top