Natie's Till July Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Natie's Till July Journal

Post  Natabug on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:19 am

Good evening everyone!
So today was my first *official* day of the 5BD. Monday and Tuesday I did attempt it, but i ended up falling back on my second choice diet plan, the Fast-5 diet, which is simply intermittent fasting with a ratio of 19:5.

So anyway, today is technically day 1, but i did have 2 previous days of eating almost nothing for the bulk of my day (my window was 3pm-8pm) which definitely gave me a little bit of a cushion for the 3 days it takes for hunger to reset.
Also, an important note, I was 225lbs, as of Sunday. That's the heaviest i have ever been, and the big reason why I finally decided I NEEDED to do this. (for the record, I am 5'6, with a BMI of 36ish)

Wednesday, March 11th, 2015

Weight:222.4 (as of this morning.)

Lunch (at 3:30): 4x brownie with marshmallow, 1x gulp milk
Dinner : 5x chicken with pesto

So, anyway, that was my day. I do have to admit that some of the "bites" were pretty big, but whatever.
-Natabug

Natabug

Back to top Go down

Re: Natie's Till July Journal

Post  signa on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi Natabug,

The "big" bites probably aren't going to matter. It's still not enough food to make you gain weight or even maintain. As you get more comfortable eating this way, your bites will probably decrease in size. cat  And even if they don't, you'll still lose. And trust me, your appetite WILL decrease, you will have moments of hunger here and there but they really are manageable.  

If you're eating "regular" food and not Snickers bars or portioned food like that, Dr. Lewis mentions in his book to eat a portion controlled five bites every once in a while just so we don't lose track of what five bites actually is.

I was out of town last week and brought Dr. Lewis' book with me so I could stay inspired.  If you don't have the book, I recommend getting it. It's small and you can read it in about 30 minutes,  but it's great to have when you feel your resolve might be shaky or you just need some instant inspiration.  I wish Dr. Lewis would put his book on Kindle!

Have a great 5-bite day and hang in there!

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:06 pm

I started with 5 "big bites" and ended up having to reset my hunger stat for a second time, which kind of doubles the hardest part of the diet.
If I had my time over I would do what Dr Lewis suggests and have 5 normal bites (1 swallow per bite) and lose the weight as fast as possible. The first 3 days are hard no matter what, but not so bad, it is no easier for having bigger bites. The hunger stat will always be set for the largest meal in the last 3 days. It is easier the smaller it is. It doesn't sound possible but it's true!!

All the very best, this is not as hard as I feared it would be. I wish you well.

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  Natabug on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi again!
I'm sorry I couldn't post any updates over the last few days, I really couldn't get to my computer....

Anyway, here we go...
Thursday, March 12th, 2015
L:4x pasta with cheese 4x gulps milk
D:6x pizza 4x brownie
Yeah, I did go over the correct number of bites, but i figured that that was better then eating an insane amount
Friday, March 13th, 2015
B:4x pizza
L:1x Mac and Cheese 4x pizza
D:7x pasta with pesto and chicken
Dessert: 2x sips hot cocoa
Saturday, March 14th, 2015
B: Americano with a dash of milk
L:4x gyro (so good BTW Razz )4x turkey panini 2x chips
D:5x Burrito 4x cookie 1x gulp apple juice
Sunday, March 15th, 2015 (So far)
L:4x eggs on toast 1x chips 1x chocolate
D: (Plan) 10x enchilada

So yeah, that's how I have been doing. Ive been trying to stay BELOW 20 bites, I would try to stay even lower, and maybe in a week or two i will be under the 10 total bites, but for now I feel it is at least better to be trying then not at all. Smile

P.S. thanks Signa and JiffaCake for the advice. Very Happy I am really trying to do well, and i do plan to get a copy of the book as soon as would be possible for me. I really do wish it came in an ebook format.

Natabug

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:10 am

Any thing less than you would normally eat is a great start and to be applauded!! I think you will find this diet very doable because you don't need any fancy food and there is no need to make a big thing of it with anyone. I would very much recommend getting the book it explains why it works and why it is a good idea to lose weight quickly. It is available from Lulu, make sure to get the 140 page updated version it has a section on maintenance added.

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  Natabug on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:20 am

Hey He Hi Ho!
So it's late here, and I haven't really eaten in a while, nor do I plan to for the rest of the day, so I figured I would post what I ate for today now.

Monday, March 16th, 2015
Lunch: 5x Mac&Cheese 1x milk
Dinnery-snacky-thing: 9x brownie

Note...So, today was interesting. I had my lunch at about 3:30pm, after having nothing all day, and then, about 20 minutes after finishing that, I was overwhelmed with this neeeeed for food. I tried to hold it back, but it kind of got the best of me, and I ended up eating quite a bit of brownie. Afterwards, I felt okay, not guilty, simply because i promised myself a while ago that I wouldn't let myself feel self-destructive(binge-purge type scenario) over failures.
The thing that was odd, was that after the brownie (say 30 more minutes), some water and sitting with my heater because I was chilly, I began to feel overly full. Stuffed to be honest.
I don't know what that was about, as that sort of "thing" has never happened like that before.
The good thing about it is that the uncomfortably full feeling helped me get past the urge to eat that happens whenever I am on a diet that does give me my typical daily number of calories(the number that is needed to maintain.)
So that's good at least. Razz Also I feel really good right now. Very Happy

Also, and update for yesterday (3-15-15)
I stayed to my plan for the most part, except i also had 2x brownie.
overall, i feel that i did pretty good with that.

P.S. Thanks JiffaCake! and the Lulu thing is awesome. Smile

Natabug

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Gosh that stuffed feeling is tall and it congress quickly after doing a 5 bite type, or 15 or whatever, and it basically means that if there is any binge there is more to deal with than guilt, it is very painful... All the best to you dear

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Tall = real
Congress = comes

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  Natabug on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:29 am

Yeaaah, I really won't be doing anything like that again.
But it's good that eating less is getting easier, and that eating more could even get uncomfortable.
It helps to know both of those things when I'm struggling with it. sunny

Natabug

Back to top Go down

Post  Natabug on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:20 am

Evening everybody.
So here is how I did today...

Tuesday, March 17th,2015
Breakfast(okay it was at noon): 1x meatball 2x Doritos
Lunch: 1x marshmallow 4x Mac&Cheese
Dinner: 5x brownie
That only totals 13 bites. Woo! cheers

It's funny, I had the same(ish) thing that happened yesterday happen today with the brownie. I think that there is something wrong with them (Or me eating them at least.)
I don't know...it kinda sucks honestly. Heartburn-y sickness with that overly-full-cramp-y feeling.
But there is no way for it to be to much food, it was less then 1/3 of a cup (5x bites).
I'm not sure, But I guess I'm going to have to give them up so that I don't keep getting that. pale
Guess I'll have to find something else to be my chocolate fix.

Any-ho-ha, today I felt good overall, and I'll guess we'll see how much I've lost on Thursday. (Which is my weigh in day.)

Goodnight everybody! Sleep

Natabug

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:46 am

I am excited to hear how much you lost!!

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top