Signa's journal

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Signa's journal

Post  JiffaCake on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:36 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this out. You may be right about exercise being a hindrance and making any drastic changes might be less than ideal!! I only have such a little left to lose so I just need to be patient and ride out the last week or two.

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:46 pm

B: MV, o3, D3, B12

Meal 1: 1/3 cup diner style potatoes

Meal 2:  Salad bar

Swim 45 minutes

Quick home fries recipe:

1/3 cup any potato, scrubbed under running water and chopped (I used a couple of yellow fingerlings and left the skin on)
Garlic, minced, optional
Bell pepper, any color, 1-2 teaspoons chopped
Onion, any kind, about 1 teaspoon chopped (I used a red onion)
Paprika
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt substitute, optional, like Mrs. Dash, Spike, or Table Tasty; McCormick is also now making salt-free blends
Hot sauce or Tabasco, optional

Put the chopped potato in a microwave-safe  dish or on a paper plate and microwave about 5 minutes or until soft. Watch it carefully, small amounts don't need a lot of time to cook.  While the potato is cooking, put the onion and bell pepper in a small skillet with a little water and cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook another minute or so.  

Put the cooked potatoes in the skillet and stir everything around.  Add paprika, a few turns of freshly ground black pepper, and no-salt seasoning to taste and serve with hot sauce.

NOTES:  You can wrap the chopped potato in a wet paper towel to microwave it, but watch carefully so it doesn't burn!

You can use a little onion powder and garlic powder in place of onions and garlic or in addition to them.

You can cook the raw potato right in the skillet instead of microwaving it first.

Any "regular" or "table" blend of salt-free seasoning will work and will add extra flavor.  Keep in mind that Mrs. Dash products are on the "peppery" side and for many folks don't help with replacing salt. I like Benson's Table Tasty because it has a more vinegar-y biting flavor that REALLY makes you not miss salt! I think it might even contain vinegar which would hit the same taste buds on your tongue as salt. I put it in everything - soup, salad, stews, on veggies, whatever. Salt-free seasonings are one of those personal things where everybody likes something different, so if you want to go this route, you have to try different ones to find what works for you. Since I don't add salt to anything anymore, I keep Table Tasty in a shaker with large holes on the kitchen table with a black pepper grinder and took the salt shaker off the table, even when friends come over for meals.

One of the first plant-based meals I ever made, mostly because I had some potatoes in the pantry on the day I was clearing everything out to begin a plant based diet. I was amazed I could eat this food without cooking it in oil or salt.

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:54 pm

MV, o3, D3, B12

small navel orange

1/3 cup chopped steamed bok choy with ginger and garlic

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:46 pm

I've been out of town since Wednesday and didn't get to weigh myself yesterday.  Sad  I'll weigh when I get home on Sunday or just wait until next Thursday.  

Since Wednesday I've been eating Larabars and cups of fruit I'm buying at a nearby market. I saw some fig bars at the market that were individually wrapped, they looked sort of "natural" or whatever so next time I'm there I'll check the ingredients. Larabars are pretty rank Suspect  especially if you have to eat them every day. I did them my first week on 5BD and couldn't wait to get on regular food. LOL.  

I was going to make some oat-berry bars to bring with me but I just got too busy before leaving and I always barely make it to the airport on time anyway. silent

There is a Whole Foods pretty close to here but I've been too busy to get to it. Last night I ordered  room service and asked for a small order of steamed asparagus with lemon, and it was delicious. I love you

I can't wait to get home.  Have a great weekend 5-biters and don't forget to count your bites! cat I love you

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:16 am

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11

I lost 6.2 since I last weighed almost two weeks ago, effectively bringing me below my goal weight.  

People, this diet really works, and I mean it rocks! I never got close to this doing an ad libitum plant-based diet. Dr. Lewis has a lot to be proud of in creating this amazing diet and sharing it with all of us.  Frankly, I'd  still be stuck in whole food plant based purgatory either maintaining or slowly gaining and being nowhere near my ideal weight. We women in menopause are dealt some real challenges, and weight loss is one of them, no matter what diet you do.

I've been basically using the salad bars near my house since I returned from my trip. Or making really easy stuff. I had a stressful trip and I'm sure that contributed to my "lower" weight loss, I guess I lost about 3# each week since two weeks ago.  Also I assume my body is adjusting to my new low weight (and I need new clothes badly).  

Tomorrow will be my first day of increasing bites from 5/5. I'll probably do 5 bites a.m./10 bites p.m. (or reverse it) and see how it goes.

B:  Black tea, o3, D3, B12, MV

L:  5 bites salad bar:  romaine, green onions, tofu, pineapple, peas (put balsamic vinegar/mustard on at home)

D:  Pinto beans with pico de gallo and avocado

5-Bite Pico de Gallo:  

1 Roma tomato
About 1/8 of a medium or large white onion
1/4 to 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper
About 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
lime juice

Slice the stem end off the tomato, then slice the tomato in half lengthwise. Cut out the center liquidy stuff and seeds and discard.
Chop the tomato into small pieces and put into a small glass or plastic Tupperware container that comes with a lid.

Chop the onion into smaller dice than the tomato pieces and add to the tomato.

Chop the stem end off a jalapeno pepper. Slice the pepper in half lengthwise and scoop out the pithy white stuff and seeds in the center of each half, and discard.  Get rid of all the seeds unless you like your pico de gallo REALLY hot. Slice off a piece of jalapeno, eyeballing about how much you want in your pico de gallo, for me it was about 1/2 of one of the pepper halves. Dice it very small, even smaller than the white onion dice. Add to the container with the tomato and onion.

Now juice 1/2 lime over the pico de gallo.  Finally, pull off about 2-3 tablespoons worth of cilantro leaves and roll them up into a tight tube, which makes it easier to slice it into small pieces. Add to the pico de gallo, stir everything around, and store in the fridge for about 4 days.

This will make enough to top several 1/3 cup or 5-bite meals. You can make more than this, but you only want to make what you can use in a short period of time so it's fresh. This makes enough for several days.

Before I became a vegan, I used to make this pico de gallo to put on top of scrambled eggs, OMG it was so amazing!  affraid  Now that I'm a vegan, I put it over scrambled tofu and greens cooked in a skillet. And it's still amazing. So if you like scrambled eggs, try it on that. It's also good mixed into salads and can be used as a non-fat salad dressing.

I topped my 1/3 cup pinto beans with about a tablespoon of pico de gallo and about a tablespoon of avocado. It was so good.  cheers

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Just wanted to say that I was thinking about you and your woe and you have really encouraged me. When I get home and inevitably have to 5b my holiday eating off (!) I think I may go your way. I know the bars are good for volume, but I may use those rough first three days to lose the sugary, wheat, junk stuff and do a healthy 5b cycle next time! With better eating habits in place maybe maintenance would be easier! Hope you are having a great day.

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Oh good for you!  bounce  Let us know how it goes!  

I like Dr. Lewis' concept on eating bars in the beginning, most of us probably had no idea how little food 5 bites actually is, and I know the Larabars helped me immensely the first week because I had so much anxiety about doing the diet and wondering if I could succeed.

Like you, I think for me sugar and flour will not only have to be omitted completely (goodbye Ezekiel English muffins!) pale  but I'm going to have to exercise very tight portion control on starches if I want to keep this weight off.  Except for beans, which are more of a protein/starch food. The research on beans is amazing. The dark-colored ones like kidney and black beans have lots of antioxidants, but they are a great food for controlling blood sugar, so  my primary starch is going to have to be beans to avoid the overeating problem I had in the past with starches like rice and potatoes.

You might want to look into the Bright Lines Eating plan. I just learned about it at Dr. Fuhrman's forum, where a number of Eat to Live vegans have undertaken it to get their eating and cravings under control. If you Google "Bright Lines Eating" you'll find out more about the plan. It's basically a meal framework for life to get cravings including sugar and flour under control.  "Bright line" is a legal term meaning a line you don't cross, and this woman has taken this concept and structured it into an eating plan/framework to help people control and eliminate cravings. It is not a vegan plan, it's only a meal framework using food choices and amounts and it excludes ALL sugar and ALL flour, including artificial sweeteners and stuff like corn tortillas, which are also a ground product and increase blood sugar.

Her concept is to control insulin levels to avoid cravings and lose weight at the same time, so she has weight loss and maintenance plans both. She also has a Facebook page which I think is 9.99$ a month to join. And I'm pretty sure the diet is listed somewhere on the Internet. She's coming out with a book about the plan this fall.  

The vegans at ETL who are doing it said their cravings are decreasing and they feel more in control between meals (it's a no-snacking plan).  They are using beans as their protein. I think Bright Lines severely restricts grains. (Eat to Live like Forks Over Knives is  a "volume" vegan plan with huge amounts of salads and veggies and nuts, and it can also cause people to lose control of their appestat, IMO.)  Forks Over Knives is the starch based plan, Eat to Live is the vegetable/salad/beans/nuts plan. Like a Star @ heaven

I think the Bright Line plan is something I'll look into more as my bites increase. Whole plant foods are addressing my cholesterol and blood pressure issues, and Bright Lines could address the psychological aspect of my eating, like cravings, controlling food volume, etc.  

If you haven't seen the Forks Over Knives movie yet, check it out, too. Amazon and Netflix both have it, and your local library probably has it.

B:  o3 B12 and MV (I just saw a new study on Vitamin D saying that daily dosing may not be necessary so I'm cutting back D3 to 2-3x a week until my next blood test)  I also want to find a 3x weekly B12 once I use up what I have.

L:  1/3 cup oatmeal with walnuts and blueberries

D:  1/2 cup 15-bean soup

Super easy 15-bean soup:

1/2 pound 15 bean soup mix (it's in the dried beans section in 1-pound bags), rinsed and picked over
4 to 4 1/2 cups water or broth (I use homemade fake chicken broth seasoning  and water,  but you can use plain water, canned or carton veggie or chicken broth, or bouillon--anything will work)
2 carrots, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning or salt (I use Table Tasty salt-free #103)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
One 14-ounce can Muir Glen Fire Roasted no-salt-added tomatoes (or any canned or chopped fresh tomatoes)

Pour half the bag of beans into a small colander and toss any rocks or weird-looking beans. Rinse and drain.

Put everything except tomatoes in a crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Add tomatoes and their juice during last 15
minutes of cooking.  This makes a nice creamy soup because it contains small beans and split peas which will break apart on cooking and thicken the broth nicely.

NOTES:  You can double the recipe if you have a larger crock pot. Mine is only 3 1/2 quarts so I can't cook a full pound of beans in it.

You can vary the seasonings, like chili powder-cumin-paprika-red pepper for a Mexican flavored soup, or curry powder, turmeric, and garam masala for curry, or use whatever seasonings you like.  

The bags of 15-bean mixes sometimes come with a "seasoning" packet, which I don't use  because it's high in sodium and not vegan, but feel free to add it (or half of it) as a seasoning mix in place of the seasonings I listed.

Canned tomato paste:  Measure out unused tomato paste into tablespoon portions and place on waxed paper on a baking sheet or plate. Freeze until firm and then transfer to a Ziploc freezer bag and use as needed.

I don't generally soak beans before cooking, and this 15-bean blend shouldn't be soaked anyway because it contains split peas and tiny sized beans, so there's no need to soak them. I would soak any "old" beans, though. If I find an old bag of beans in the back of the pantry from a year  ago or whatever, those need to be soaked first because beans dry out as they age, and they need to be "rehydrated" so they don't take five days to cook.   affraid

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Oh thank you so much Signs for the information. I think all you have said will be very valuable. 5 bites was great for me to initially lose weight, but weight in and if itself is not the only issue... All the junk (admittedly in limited portions) had not been a great plan longer term and probably not helped by my immediately going away. My meals are getting rather large and I will just have to sort it out at home when I am not eating out all the time.

I will be referring to your 5 bite library of recipes with interest and as a total carb head, perhaps go for beans more than rice and millet and quinoa and such. I will check out bright lines.

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Signa I meant not signs

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:47 pm

You can call me Signs. It's all good. I love you  bounce

B:  o3, MV, B12

L:  1/3 cup black beans, 1/3 cup sweet potato (cooked in microwave), with a a squeeze of lime juice  and a little Cajun spice

D:   About 2 cups water-sauteed spinach and bean sprouts with a little rice vinegar, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes

ETA:  So it's now a little past  6 p.m. tonight and I've eaten both meals, and it's REALLY clear this is too much food too quickly.  pale I actually feel like I have a bit of a stomachache No  and overall I'm just feeling really stuffed.  Tomorrow I will have to drop back to 1/3 cup + 1/3 cup or 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup of food for my two meals.  I guess Dr. Lewis was right about the stomach shrinkage! cherry   I don't want to start down some slippery slope where I'm stuffing myself, I used to do that on my regular plant based plan and it's what got me intro trouble. I'm beginning to wonder how I ever managed to shovel in so much food before I started eating this way. confused I know on the vegan forums people say they eat a total of about 5-7 pounds of food ??? a day, I'm having to cut back from 2 2/3 cups back to about 1 cup or less! affraid

I have leftovers of all of the foods I made for today, so I'll just eat smaller portions of them tomorrow. Wow. I am glad to be discovering this and learning that I will have to take it much more slowly, just take my time and not worry about shoveling in larger portions just because I *can.* That's not the goal here. The goal is to keep my slim weight loss and not go back to those awful cravings and feelings like I could never get full eating rice and potatoes and fruit. Those feelings that got me here in the first place!

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Gosh I am finding it hard going in 'so called' maintenance. I don't think I am maintaining anything here. I have a good day then a bad day where I eat way too much... It's a learning curve, I've said it before it is not helped that I am away, eating out all the time, now very cold at home and wanting to eat to heat up enough to survive the cold night!! I am not complaining I love it here, but my appetite is all over the place now...

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:22 pm

I'm with you on the learning curve thing. Normally it would take me months to lose the weight I've lost on this plan and even then
there's a steep learning curve and adjustment to getting things right and not overeating and keeping appetite under control and I couldn't do it even after months of slow losing or maintaining.

I don't know what I thought was going to happen by starting to eat larger portions right away after this plan.  Suspect  I'm thinking I need to start a daily log of foods and weights, clearly weighing once a week in maintenance isn't going to work for me. It's too much of a slippery slope. I was reading some of the posts about the Bright Lines eating plan, and they were discussing that one of the "rules" was to decide what you are eating the day before your meals. So you have this "bright line" you don't cross - you know what you're eating, and you don't deviate from it. Maybe I'll start deciding the night before what to eat the following day and just stick to it, more as a way of getting into some kind of maintenance groove.

L:  1/3 cup sweet potato with a squeeze of lime juice
D:  1/3 cup black beans with chili spices

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:27 am

Sounds like we are both at a stage of 'what now'? Thank you for the bright lines info again. Do you know there are 5bd Facebook groups? I am in two of them, Why Weight Around Warriors is one of them and 5 Bite Diet Support is another. I think there are several and some are dedicated to various modifications, such as combining 5 bites with other programmes. I have stayed away from those because the modifications invariably add rules that make the diet something other than what Dr Lewis suggests, such as unlimited fruit and veg, which for me would be a disaster.
Your bright lines has some elements that remind me of some things I have done in the past, planning my eating the night before was a help to a certain degree. As always I thank you for your honesty, it is a help to know I am not alone!!
By the way I think at least one FB group is for maintenance but I doubt I am ready for that category yet! I see more 5 bites in my future...
I think that some people use various methods for maintaining, some actually what Dr Lewis does, some IF, some days of having bars etc..
Yesterday I counted bites and today I didn't. Or at least I lost count. Eating out is not helping.

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:45 am

What does Dr. Lewis suggest for maintenance? I don't recall what he said in the book about maintenance. I was taking a cue from herbsgirl's blog, where I think she talked about slowly upping bites and finding a "sweet spot" where you don't lose and don't gain, or at least you don't fluctuate outside of a tight window.

I'm glad my body rebelled against bigger portions, otherwise I could have just kept going without doing the proper work on controlling my appestat, and isn't that the big challenge of maintenance for everybody no matter what diet we are on.

Thanks for the suggestions about the Facebook groups. I've never joined Facebook but if the groups aren't closed, I might be able to browse them. Sometimes I click on Facebook links that people post, and sometimes I get through and sometimes I get the "You must be a member to read Facebook" or whatever. It's hit and miss, but I'll try googling those and seeing if I can get through. They are discussing Bright Lines in depth at Dr. Fuhrman's forum which is where I learned about it, and I can follow it there, and I agree with you, it's got some good material encased in it from an addictionology standpoint. Many of her concepts dovetail with Dr. Lewis' plan, to be honest. Eat at set times each day (Lewis is 2x and not 3x though), and of course Dr. Lewis' Bright Line is 5 small bites.

I wanted to link you to Dr. Fuhrman's forum where they are talking about BL, but even Fuhrman's forum is 5$ a month for browsing privileges. Basically people are posting their menus and discussing the Bright Lines boot camp where the author holds weekly chats and discusses the diet and strategizes.

Uncharted territory!

Meals for Wednesday

5 bites Mexican beans and corn
1 small banana

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:45 am

The updated version of the book has a chapter on maintenance, it is the 140 page book, not 120 something pages. It is a short chapter and the rest of the book is identical. I have a summary somewhere someone sent me if you need it let me know.
The FB groups are closed, if you can browse them please let me know as I would want to leave them if that were the case! I use my real FB identity for them.

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:42 pm

I can see the front page of the FB page that has the Scrabble tiles and tape measure on the left side?  if I stay on the page long enough, what will usually happen is a pop-up comes up saying "want to read more, join facebook" or something like that, then it kicks you off.  Not really interested in joining Facebook, though. Evil or Very Mad

Where did you buy the book with the maintenance chapter? I got mine on Amazon, and it wasn't that long ago, maybe a couple months ago or so?  

I'm subscribed to the Bright Lines thread at the Fuhrman forum and there are several comments today from people saying they are starting to dial down their portion sizes on the BL plan because they aren't hungry between meals!  What's the take-away here? Thompson has them not only eating at the same times every day, but weighing and measuring their food.  THEIR HUNGERSTATS ARE ADJUSTING.  Just like Dr. Lewis keeps talking about! I can only lurk there, I can't comment, but I'm guessing nobody will jump in and tell them, "Dial it down to 5 bites a day, then get back to us!"  Wink  

I don't ever want to go back to eating Fuhrman or Forks Over Knives quantities  of food. Even this Bright Lines plan  is still a ton  of food compared to what I'm eating. My motto is "A SHOVEL DOESN'T BELONG IN THE KITCHEN!"

Last edited by signa on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:51 pm

DON'T USE A SHOVEL WHEN YOU CAN USE A TABLESPOON!

DON'T BRING A SHOVEL TO A TABLESPOON FIGHT.

YOU CAN'T SHOVEL FOOD INTO A 1/3 CUP CONTAINER.

SHOVEL IN FOOD, SHOVEL IN FAT.

A SHOVEL OF FOOD A DAY WON'T KEEP THE DOCTOR AWAY.

Good grief, somebody stop me. affraid bounce

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  SnowWhite on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Signa,
Reading through your journal, I'm confused....are you still losing or are you in maintenance?

Love, love, love your quotes about shovel vs. tablespoon.

~Snow
SnowWhite

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi Signa, I got my book from Amazon (the first one I got) and for the original version. To get the updated version, I went straight to Lulu, the publishers and I think they print on demand but it came quickly. I don't have the book with me to tell you the year it was updated so you can compare but I do remember it had 140 pages, and my first book has 120 or so. I got my books about 2 weeks apart so it was expensive but worth it to think what I saved in food costs!!

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:31 am

I'm in maintenance because I lost the weight I needed to lose, but I'm brand new at it, still can't figure out
how it's going to work or what to do, really. Probably just increase bites little by little. I'm scared of gaining a bunch,
maybe that's normal, maintenance is always harder than losing it, a real balancing act.

How are you doing with the diet? cat

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:32 am

Thanks Jiffacake, I'll order it from Lulu. I don't mind having two copies, either! I love you

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:16 am

Thursday meals:

5-8 bites veggie chili - I will post the recipe tomorrow.  I accidentally started it late, it's in the crockpot and I have to set the alarm for 2:30 a.m. to turn it off. lol!    Rolling Eyes  Note to self: Don't start crockpot cooking at 6:00 at night! Embarassed

1/3 cup frozen thawed tropical fruit -  this is a bag of frozen "smoothie" fruits, it's like a mixture of pineapple, mango, and papaya, and I love it! It must be a new item, because I never saw this mix before in the frozen fruit section. scratch

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  SnowWhite on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:19 pm

That's awesome that you are in maintenance!!!!
The new version of the book has a short chapter on maintenance.
Dr. Lewis explains how he maintains. I scanned it and it looked really good...some new rules to live by.
If you go back to what you were doing before, the weight will come back. That is what has messed me up soooooo many times.

I have a lot to lose, but it's going better for me this time and I'm inspired to keep pushing through.

Good luck on your maintenance plan....would love to hear the strategies you are using to keep it off. One idea is to take at least 1 day a week and do the 5BD. The 3 bite rule is good, too... take 3 bites of everything on your plate.
SnowWhite

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:32 pm

I appreciate the comments! I love you

I think you're right, I have to start thinking in terms of actual meals and not just 1/3 cup this, 5 tablespoons that, or whatever. I have to get back to some kind of regular meal activity instead of flailing around like I'm doing.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to have an actual meal, I'll thaw out some soup and steam some veggies and do the three bites each thing.

Can't wait to get my Lulu book with maintenance in it! tongue

This is a great little group on this forum!  cat flower

Good luck Snowy, you can do this! Trust me, if I can do it, anybody can! Don't wait until menopause! LOL.  Or, if you're already in menopause, know it's totally doable! albino

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:45 pm

Tonight I have  a dinner at a Mexican restaurant with friends. It'll be my first restaurant meal since starting 5BD.  So it'll be a good test for  my maintenance skills.

If you're a whole-food plant-based eater, restaurants can pose problems. Salads with balsamic vinegar, baked potatoes, and steamed veggies are the most obvious choices. Mexican can be a little trickier because everything is cooked in oil, including beans and rice.  My usual WFPB choice in the past has been a large salad with a side order of beans and salsa, and put the beans and salsa on the salad. Sometimes add guacamole. Tonight I might go the taco route and get  soft corn tortillas with rice and beans, guacamole and salsa. If anybody in the group orders fajitas, maybe I can get a bite of the veggies (cooked in oil).  

What's notable is i feel a lot less anxiety going to a restaurant than I did as a regular-portion plant based eater. First of all,  I won't be starving when I get there. (My high starch diet left me hungry most of the time, which is why I ended up on the 5BD in the first place!)  Having 6 or 8 or 10 bites of food containing oil isn't going to impact my cholesterol as long as I make it a very occasional practice (and restaurant meals are very occasional in my life now anyway).  It's all good! bounce

If anybody has any other suggestions for restaurant eating, let me know! I'm open to suggestions and tweaking.  flower

Have a great weekend, 5 biters.  And let's all stick to our plans for continued  success!   albino  I love you

Meal #1 - 4 bites oatmeal with walnuts, 3 bites thawed frozen blueberries

Meal #2 - Mexican TBD, counting bites

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top