Bites Journal & Exercise Log

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bites Journal & Exercise Log

Post  SnowWhite on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:19 pm

It's going really well for me this time. But, I have a lot to lose. This time I'm doing the "supercharged" version of the diet and it's working very well. I have not had as many problems staying on plan this time.

And you're so right, even if you gain some weight back, you know exactly what to do to get it off again quickly.

I forgot who asked, but the updated version of the book was published in 2012. Dr. Lewis forbids the reader to read the "Stage 2: Victory Lap, Weight Maintenance" chapter until you have achieved your ultimate weight goal. I bought the new book, but I haven't read it yet. I had the old book and read it several times, then in a fit to rid myself of the insanity of overweight, I threw away all my diet books. When I came to my senses the updated book was the first one I replaced. It should have been the only one because it is the only diet that really works.

How much weight did you lose with the diet?
SnowWhite

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:25 pm

That's right, I read it on the eve of my final weigh in because I only had about one lb to lose to reach my weight for that whole week so I knew that I would have done it. I did the diet by the letter, including not reading that section, I would have waited but I flew away the same day as my last weigh in.
I did not have a lot of weight to lose, maybe 12-14 lb. But I had tried so many things to get rid and they only made me gain more and more. I also threw out all my other diet books! It's very empowering. I had that extra weight for about a year.

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  SnowWhite on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:43 pm

I'll probably go ahead and read it anyway! I'm so glad he has included this section because it truly is a two battle war here, losing it first, then keeping it off! I think it's harder to keep it off as hard as it is to lose it in the first place. I've lost this weight 5 or so times. I'm done this time!
SnowWhite

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:05 am

You've inspired me to donate a bunch of my plant-based books.  I don't need tons of recipes anymore, and I have
understood the science behind my diet for the past two years. My cholesterol and blood pressure speak for themselves. My inspiration now comes from Dr. Lewis' book which I can read in less than an hour and carry around with me.

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  JiffaCake on Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:04 am

Good for you. I can't believe that even when I know things haven't worked before I can be tempted to try again. For me plant based diets lead to huge weight gain because I ate too much!!

JiffaCake

Back to top Go down

Post  signa on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Yes, the diets can be problematic, no question. And it's not addressed in those forums or communities on line! Everybody is supposed to get to BMI 18.5 eating as much rice, potatoes and starch as they want? I don't think so. Throw menopause into the mix, and it's a disaster.

I love my diet for what it's done for my cholesterol and thereby decreasing my risk of heart disease. For weight control, it failed me. Evil or Very Mad

signa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top