Counting Down

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Counting Down

Post  Cobweb on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:28 pm

Tomorrow is the first day of February, and my first day counting bites. I am not sure how many bites I want to start with. I do know that when I am really 'tuned in' to my hunger signals, I get full on very little food and drop weight fairly easily and steadily. I'm hoping by counting bites and paying close attention, I can find that sweet spot again - and stay there long enough to lose at least 30 pounds.

It's probably around 40-50 bites a day. The loss isn't as fast as it would be on true 5B, but it's a good starting point.

Cobweb

Back to top Go down

Re: Counting Down

Post  Cobweb on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:39 am

77 bites today. It's a lot, but they are generally small bites and some are drinks rather than bites. It's definitely more than I need. Without the drinks and extra bites , I'd have ended up with about 40 bites total. I really wanted my eating to seem 'normal', though. I don't know why, but I don't want to tell anyone what I am doing. I figure there's less chance of anyone noticing if I make changes gradually.

Cobweb

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobweb on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:01 am

Today was not as easy as I thought it would be. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I never do when I go to bed hungry. We ate later tonight than last night, so it shouldn't be so bad.

79 bites today. That must seem like such a lot to everyone else. I'm okay with taking it slower.

Cobweb

Back to top Go down

Post  thinmom on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:30 pm

You're doing great, Cobweb!! There is a lot of wisdom in taking it slower and easing your body into something it doesn't rebel against. I admire you for taking that route!

thinmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobweb on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:49 pm

I haven't been totally doing 5 bites - although that's no surprise since I was doing about 70 or 80 when I started. I had a very difficult time getting my bite count down and even when I did, I didn't lose anything.

Then I ran across the Shangri-la diet. I figured it was worth a try. It took a couple of weeks for that to kick in, but once it did I had no trouble getting my bite count down. The appetite suppression has been incredible and it's been effortless to stick to smaller amounts of food, even without counting. I started losing weight immediately and am down five pounds. I feel like now that I have the appetite suppressing effects of Shangri-la, I can focus again on getting my bite count down now and really start making progress.

Cobweb

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobweb on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:57 am

This may seem silly, but counting isn't a habit yet, so I often forget. Today I was determined to remember and to hit my target of 60 bites a day: 10 each for breakfast and tea, 20 each for lunch and dinner. I went a little over at dinner, and a bit under at breakfast, but it came right in at 60. I think I could shave a couple off of the 20. But, I'll try it for a while and see how it goes.

Cobweb

Back to top Go down

Post  blessed2bme on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:43 am

Hello cobweb. Are you eating any type of particular type of food. For example, low carb,low calorie?

blessed2bme

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobweb on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:07 am

No - nothing special. Low Carb is a disaster for me, and I don't think I could sustain low calorie.

Today's count was 54

Cobweb

Back to top Go down

Back at it

Post  Cobweb on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:50 am

I did okay for a while there, than lost it when I got sick. It was a case of just doing whatever I had to do to get by. I'm feeling better now and ready to start again with my version: 15 bites. It's a lot more than 10 a day, but for me it's about getting the best results I can for the minimum effort. My goal is to lose 10 pounds, then see how I feel.

Last edited by Cobweb on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Cobweb

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobweb on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:02 pm

So much for that. 86 total for Thursday. So far today's better.

Cobweb

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobweb on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:14 pm

Friday: 60
Saturday: 80

I weighed this morning so I can start posting losses, too. I'm tired of weighing every day, so I'm going to try to switch to weekly for now, then bi-weekly, then monthly. That's the plan anyway Smile

Cobweb

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobweb on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:15 am

I decided today I can't do this. I've been getting around 50 bites a day and it's just not enough. I don't get hungry - that isn't a problem. I do get weak/shaky feeling in the afternoon and short tempered - and in my job, that isn't going to work. Besides, I lose a pound a week just doing Shangri-la alone, and a pound and a half with Shangri-la and 40/50 bites a day. It's not a bad compromise.

Cobweb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top