Post  latha on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Yesterday was a again a bad day. I ate big bowl of mac and cheese for Dinner

Week 2 .
Yesterday Stats..

Morning - Nothing but Vitamin
Lunch - 5 bites of tangerines
Dinner - 1 big bowl of mac and cheese

Weight loss

Week2 Day1 : 155.6 (starting weight of week2)
Week2 Day2 : 156.6 ( Gained as expected)

latha

Back to top Go down

Re: My Journey

Post  RheeRhee on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:02 pm

hey again latha, you are doing GREAT! and don't think I'm just saying that to be talking. You have LOST 10 pounds in just one week! you know on average it will take many people 3-6+ months to lose that much? and it took you only one week.

You and me need to pat ourselves on the back and ignore those thoughts telling us, that we had a bad day. Ok we may have had some unexpected occurrences - by eating more than we planned to eat, but looking at the overall picture is key.

If we loss 10-12 pounds in 7 days, why beat ourselves up for enjoying some extra bites along the way???? I rather see it as a reward (yea it sounds silly) for all the hard work and sweat while depraving ourselves of MORE food, and losing the weight we DID lose.

Like me, I enjoyed some cheeseburger and fries the other day, and some bigger bites than usual. If I wasn't losing much weight, then I would be in trouble and SHOULD beat myself up and eat less and cheat less, but losing 10 pounds per week doesn't deserve a punishment, it deserves a reward as long as the weight keeps falling. Very Happy

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Thats true Rhee, even I have struggled years together to lose 10 pounds, but every diet I tried I lost only 5 pounds and then I gave it up. This is one diet I saw some results. I realized if you dont maintain it you can easily gain the pounds you lost. Even I though having mac & cheese the other day as a reward, but that triggered my hunger yesterday and I did gain weight again. We have to be strict and start again.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Yesterday Stats..

Morning - Nothing
Lunch - 8 bites of mac& cheese
Dinner - 12 bites of oatmeal

Weight loss

Week2 Day3 : 157.0 ( Gained again)

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:35 pm

sorry to hear you gained weight two days in a row. I do realize that breaking the diet-eating cycle by having a certain you like or over-biting in general can flare up hunger or cravings. The first week seemed so easier for some reason, but the second week has gotten harder, but I thought it was suppose to get easier.

I made the taco soup yesterday with beans and vegetables and ate some for dinner. I put only a little in my bowel that could resemble no more than 10 bites. That quickly flared up the beast in me, but I didn't eat no more than 10, but I sure was thinking about going back for seconds.

I never planned to have bad days on this diet, but since I do, that's when I have to set my mind to do better the next day. I never recommend over-eating on any diet, I just don't wanna forget the progress that WAS made, if any.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Right, I realized this diet works very well when we eat low calorie food. Your Taco soup sounds yummy, I will do some grocery shopping during weekend and try it next week.
We will all stick together and try hard to lose weight. I think it will help if someone in your family also diets along with you Rhee.. I will be seeing my family mid of next week, will see if someone gives company atleast for a week.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:14 pm

Yesterday Stats

Morning - Had coffee with cream and sugar
Lunch - 5 bites of Tangering
Evening - Had coffee with cream and sugar
Dinner - 7 bites of oatmeal and greek yougurt

Weight loss

Week2 Day4 : 157.2 ( Gained again)

Little disappointed with the weight gain, I think coffee was the culprit. I did have a coffee even today as its too cold. I am still going to fight hard, I do have to lose 17 pounds by 24th and I currently have only this way.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:40 pm

I am gaining weight contiuously, very upset with this diet.

Yesterday Stats

Morning - Had coffee with cream and sugar
Lunch - 5 bites of Tangering
Dinner - 7 bites of oatmeal and greek yougurt

Weight loss

Week2 Day4 : 157.2 ( Gained again)
Week2 Day5 : 159

Did not expect this. After starving and controlling , I still gained weight. I am not going to weigh for few days.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:46 pm

oh so sorry latha. That must be so frustrating! That happens to me on any diet I try after the first or second week. The first week I lose the most weight, but lots of that weight is water too.  I was reading about the weight loss plateau when trying to lose weight, mostly common in   diets that restrict calories and when the body is consuming insufficient nutrients it needs for prolong periods of time, such as a week or two, the body will start holding on to the fat.

That must explains why I been seeing others on this diet eating roughly 2 bars per day will lose the most pounds in the first week or two, then in the following weeks they start losing less, even 2-5 pounds a week just eating 2 bars per day.

The body senses lack of food available, and goes in survival mode so starts to hold on to the body fat to keep the person alive -- making metabolism slower.

Then again I believe everyone's body may be different. Some people may lose weight continuously without this problem, but If this is happening to me, I will do a calorie cycle.

For two days I will eat normal, counting bites that maintain my weight, or just eat an extra few hundred calories, but not gain weight. Then go back to 15-20 bites for a few days or so, then normal for two days etc. I see I eat 15 bites everyday, my weight will freeze, so I would have been craving food and starving myself all for nothing and still didn't lose weight or inches.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:57 pm

You are right about the body being in startvation mode and holding on to the fat. I never lost 10 pounds in any diet I tried so far, so I really thought I can lose weight on this diet. Did not expect to gain atleast. Even if I had lost 1 pound this week, I would have been happy. Not sure how to even get back to the pounds I lost. End of the day healthy diet and exercise is all matters I guess.

I am still going to try for one more week Rhee. If have decided not to weigh in, so I can stay motivated atleast for sometime.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:45 am

I did not diet on Friday,sat& Sunday. I will start again on monday

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:50 pm

latha are you dieting again. I took off too long from the diet. I wanna start back really soon with more strictness. Let me know when you are starting back? If not Friday, it might be Sunday or Monday.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Rhee, I just came back from vacation. I have gained weight and I am going to start again. Let me know if you haven't started already, we can do it together.
This time I dont have to lose fast can aim for a steady,healthy weight loss.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:24 pm

I am starting my 5 bite diet again. I will be weighing weekly once.

Current weight - 165
Goal weight - 135

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top