My Journey

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Journey

Post  latha on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Today is my second day on the diet. Yesterday I cheated a lot

Breakfast - 1 cup of coffee with cream
Lunch - 5 bites of Tangerien
Dinner - 20 bites of oatmeal with greek yougurt and peanuts.

I assumed I would lose weight since I just had oatmeal but I did not lose weight.

Day 01 = 00.0 lbs loss current weight: 165.8 lbs
Day 02 = 00.0 lbs loss current weight: 165.8 lbs.(Glad that I did not gain atleast)

I need to lose atleast 25 pounds in a month. I really hope I could stick to this diet and reach my goal.

latha

Back to top Go down

Re: My Journey

Post  RheeRhee on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi latha, you only took 25 bites yesterday, I don't know why you didn't lose any weight. I believe if you stay at it the scale will show some visible results in weight loss. I read in some places just because the scale don't move on some days doesn't mean it's not working.

I try to eat no more than 10 bites at dinner and 5 bites at breakfast (between 10am and 1pm). Do you drink a lot of water every day? This is a new day. Im rooking for ya that you will see some results!

Someone that did this diet for 60 days or more gave some guidelines on some good times to eat, but of course everyone is different, which will be after 10am for breakfast and before 6pm for dinner so the body can have more fasting time to burn more fat. That's what I been doing.

I didn't buy the book, would be nice to read it, but can't afford it right now. Keep me posted! You CAN DO IT! Very Happy

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Thank You Rhee. Normally when you dont see the scale change we tend to skip the diet. This time I need to push hard, as there is a wedding in our family on 25th. I tried different detox and fat burners, I ended up being very depressed and eventually I ate a lot. I through them all inspite of the money I spent and came across this diet. My metabolism is very slow, so losing weight has been a big challenge.
I thought the reason I did not lose yesterday was b'cos of the coffee I had. Increasing the fasting period is not a problem for me, I never had breakfast for last 10 years, so if I cut down on coffee I think it will work.
I did not read the book either, but we do know the key things to follow, so lets follow this even if one day is bad.
We should slowly start exercising aswell..
GoodLuck to you!!

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Yes I know that cream in the coffee may slow the weightloss too. I have a SLOW metabolism too, always have. One thing I started doing is adding cayenne pepper to my bottle waters a couple times a day. It suppose to heat up the body and help burn calories faster. I don't know if it's helping in my weightloss, but I hope it's helping at least a little.

Some people drink warm lemon water in the morning to help boost weight loss too. I would boil the water and add juice from half a lemon or from a whole small lemon. I usually take lemon water but ran out of lemons so I jumped on the cayenne pepper wagon until I buy some more.

I tried a lot of things too to lose weight for years. I did lose weight from the soup diet over 8 years ago, but it's harder now and the last time I tried it, the scale didn't move at all, so I quit and started back to eating a lot.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:26 pm

hmm...Cayenner pepper is a good idea. I will try that too..I have heard lemon in warm water with honey had worked for many but I always thought it would be a slow process.
But as you said even if it helps little it that would be great.

The good thing abt this diet is you can eat whatever you want. The fact that you are allowed to taste the food you are craving for itself is a good thing. Lets see

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  FatesFortune on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Don't worry about slipping up! I have a terrible relationship with food and slip up purely out of boredom, not even hunger. You will slip up less as time progresses Smile good luck!

-Fortune
FatesFortune

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Thank You Fortune. Today has been good so far.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:03 pm

Yay!!..finally scale did show some difference today

Yesterday Stats

Morning - 1 cup of Green Tea
Lunch - 5 bites of Tangerine
Dinner - 3 bites of Oatmeal, 7 bites of Peanuts , 2 bites of bread.

Weight loss

Day 02 = 00.0 lbs loss current weight: 165.8 lbs.(Glad that I did not gain atleast)
Day 03 = 01.4 lbs loss current weight: 164.4 lbs.(Starting to lose)

Goodluck to everyone...

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:59 pm

yay!! you did it latha! you got some results, like I knew you would. The body can seem a bit stubborn at times, but it's working for you. I've been intending to buy me some green tea for the morning, as I know it's suppose to help in weight loss as well. Did you try cayenne pepper?

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:22 pm

Smile Its hard to quit coffee though. Yah, its better to have green tea,you can drink it as many times you want. I started the cayenne pepper today, I kind of like it.
I am thinking only about food all the day...hope I could divert my mind..

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Wish you All a Very Very Happy New Year!!!

Yesterday stats...

Morning - Nothing but Vitamin
Dinner - 1 cereal bowl of oatmeal with greek yogurt and peanuts.

I don't know what came on to me, I rushed home and ate a lot for dinner. But I felt too full until midnight, then I realized 5 -10 bites would have been more than enough.

Anyways I did lose weight.

Weight loss

Day 02 = 00.0 lbs loss current weight: 165.8 lbs.(Glad that I did not gain at least)
Day 04 = 02.2 lbs loss current weight: 162.2 lbs.(Happy since I messed up in dinner)

Enjoy your day. May this year bring peace,good health and happiness to everyone.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:08 pm

wow your results looking good. I guess your body needed a warm up before it blasts off! Yea don't worry about that slip up, it WILL happen, that's the thing about diets. Not only do our body have to get use to it, my mind do as well.

Yesterday I ate 2 bites more at dinner. I was going for 5 bites, but snuck in 2 MORE, only to find out about 5 minutes later, that I was FULL, and 5 bites would of did the trick. I'm just USE to eating more all the time. Gotta train my mind.

Your doing GREAT! The scale is moving in your favor! Very Happy

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:48 pm

hmm..I know. Its very difficult to stick to the diet. Yesterday, I was up the whole night because of hunger.

Yesterday stats...

Dinner - 8 bites of oatmeal with greek yogurt and peanuts.

Weight loss

Day 02 = 00.0 lbs loss current weight: 165.8 lbs.(Glad that I did not gain at least)
Day 04 = 02.2 lbs loss current weight: 162.2 lbs.(Happy since I messed up in dinner)
Day 05 = 02.2 lbs loss current weight: 160.0 lbs.(Good, 5 pounds down)

Gives me confidence if I stick to this for next 20 days, I can achieve my target.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:30 pm

latha you loss another 2 pounds in one day! wow. Sorry you were hungry all night. What time did you eat dinner?

I hope this gets easier for you to manage. I don't usually be hungry, but if I am at bedtime, I will pop a natural sleeping aid to speed up the night. It helps me sleep and I don't feel the hunger, but it also doesn't leave me feeling sluggish and overly tired the next morning,but rather the opposite.

This should past soon if the number of your bites is consistent. I feel if I stay at 7 bites at dinner, my body will adapt to that amount of food and keep quiet through the night. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Yes Rhee. I think 2 pounds difference is because of fruit in the afternoon and oatmeal at night. Both are good for diet right? I am assuming that should be the reason,I drank only 3 glasses of water, I haven't been exercising at all and I dont have much of household work too.So I hardly do any activity. Also I think it has to do with not adding salt to my oatmeal. So absolutely no salt at all in my food, not sure if that has to do with the loss.

I had my dinner exactly at 6, lunch at 12 , that has been my schedule. You are right, I will try to stick to the same number of bites that should help.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Yesterday was really a bad day, I ate a lot at dinner.

Yesterday stats...

Dinner - 10 bites of Chalupa from Taco bell and 20 bites of salted peanuts.

Weight loss

Day 05 = 02.2 lbs loss current weight: 160.0 lbs.(Good, 5 pounds down
Day 06 = 02.2 lbs loss current weight: 157.8 lbs.(Glad I lost inspite of the mess up)

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:21 pm

How tall are you Latha?

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:35 pm

I am 5'3

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:20 am

wow latha, you doing good even tho you messed up yesterday. I messed up yesterday too. I ate too much of a cheese burger and some fries. I felt like a beast out of control!I hope I lost weight too when I weigh in Monday.

CONGRATS to your weight loss! cheers

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Yes Rhee, I am really shocked about 2 pound loss continuously for last 3 days,esp yesterdays loss inspite of big mess up.
My life is very sedentary, I don't and I did not exercise last 5 days on this diet. But yesterday I walked in my living room in slow pace for 3 hours so I can burn out what I ate and you know I assumed I will definitely lose at least a pound but I lost only 0.6.

Yesterday stats...

Lunch - skipped
Dinner - 8 bites of Chalupa from Taco bell

Weight loss

Day 06 = 02.2 lbs loss current weight: 157.8 lbs.(Glad I lost inspite of the mess up)
Day 07 = 00.2 lbs loss current weight: 157.2 lbs.(back to struggle)

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:23 pm

You have done soo great for about 4 days in a row. I'm confident you will pick up and keep LOSING. We both are emotional eaters, but we won't let that stop us from reaching our goals. After our goals, we can eat more bites than 10-15 per day.

I won't go back to overeating though, but it's best to find the number of bites per day that will MAINTAIN our weight without gaining or losing once we reach our SPECIAL weight. So fight for your new body, and enjoy more bites later. Very Happy

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Rhee your words are so inspiring, I was planning to order pizza for my dinner yesterday but stopped after reading your comments. I never join any forums now I know how motivational it is when you haave people to encourage. Thank You. You are right we should control eating even after we reach our target. Yesterday I was feeling hungry the whole day but did control and lost some weight

Yesterday stats...

Lunch - 5 bites of Veggie Sliders ( I am a vegetarian, I tried the one newly introduced by white castle)
Dinner - 5 bites of oatmeal witg greek yougurt and some peanuts and 5 bites of tangerines.

Weight loss

Day 07 = 00.2 lbs loss current weight: 157.2 lbs.(back to struggle)
Day 08 = 01.6 lbs loss current weight: 155.6 lbs.(Getting back on track)

I have lost a total of 10 pounds in 1 week, yesterday was my 7th day. This really good, wish I had come across this diet earlier, but not sure if I have continued it earlier. There is a need now to lose weight :-) Anyways hope this motivates everyone this diet , a new beginning today for me I am going to aim to lose another 10 this week.
GoodLuck to all!!

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:57 pm

woohoo
How do your clothes feel?

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:14 pm

You are doing great Very Happy

Just a question. How do you manage food without salt? I always needs tons of seasoning.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:06 am

lilputian87, There is not much of difference with pants, but some of tight t-shirts are more comfortable now.

Daani, I ate without salt only for 2 days. I added yogurt to oatmeal so I did not crave for salt. Substitute lemon juice for salt and even sucking on lemon will help you not to crave for salt.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top