RheeRhee's Bites and Exercise Journal

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RheeRhee's Bites and Exercise Journal

Post  RheeRhee on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Ok, here I go...
I heard about the 5bite diet a couple weeks ago, and thought about doing it, but I didn't think I would survive it if I did.. I always binged eat, mainly because of emotional eating linked to severe anxiety of different forms and depression and the like. All I ever knew was comfort eating, trying to fill a never-ending hole in my stomach and hardly hitting the bottom.

Anyways, first I'm gonna list a few REASONS why I HAVE to do this diet. This will keep me highly focused and motivated when my body Feels like quitting. Most importantly this diet will help me practice portion control, being aware and controlling HOW MUCH goes in and how often, rather than just mindlessly filling my face just because because because....

1. More energy -- to feel my best so I can actually enjoy my family rather than feeling tired, weak and bloated all the time from pigging out whenever I feel anxiety or stress.

2. Get involved in some hobbies I wanna get into. Swimming (first learn HOW to swim- which will be fun too), without dropping dead from the extra weight.

3. General health reasons - having less fat is always a plus. It will help reduce the risks of diseases that are not welcomed, and also reduce the symptoms I'm getting from PCOS.

4. I have a lot of responsibility, so I'll become super woman bounce -- but on a lesser scale of course.

Day 1???
Ok two days ago on Friday I decided I would just do a small practice of this diet, but not quite do ONLY 5 bites twice a day; I thought that was a bit too steep to jump right into. I wanted to EASE my body into it because I feared I would feel like I'm starving and give up...

I only been drinking water upon wakening until breakfast, and wait to take my vitamins when I eat between 9am and 11am. I'm just gonna try to eat breakfast no later than 10am from now on.

Starting weight- 219
Friday - so I started Friday with only 15 bites total
breakfast - 5 bites of oatmeal
lunch - can't remember because I didn't keep note of it, I just counted every bite that day using a counter app (could of been a tablespoon of peanut butter as 1 bite)
Dinner - 3 bites of baked beans, 6 bites of barbecue chicken with one slice of bread
Exercise -none

Saturday- 15 total bites
breakfast - 6 bites of multi-grain cheerios with milk.
Lunch - 1 bite peanut butter
Dinner - 5 bites of barbecue chicken wrapped in one slice of bread; 3 bites of baked beans
Exercise - I played frisbee with family for an hour and a half and caught up a sweat running and catching while wearing my sweat belt, but not looking to burn many calories anyways.

I try to drink at least drink 80ozs of water a day. I gotta remember to drink 5 bottle water -- 16oz throughout the day or more.

My bites are bigger than my normal bites tho -- but I'm still doing GREAT!

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Great progress in 2 days!

Post  RheeRhee on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:38 pm

I did weigh myself this morning to see if I lost anything in these two days.

My starting weight was 219 on Friday.
Today on Sunday morning it's at 214. I am amazed because I wasn't hungry that often and my bites weren't exactly small, but much bigger than normal. My biggest fear was extreme "hunger", but that's not the case at all. I'm probably only really hungry about 15-20% of the time, and even then it's very bearable.  

This is sure a HUGE motivation to keep going, I'm pretty certain now I'm NOT gonna give in - at least no time soon anyways it's it stays this easy.

I am learning to embrace my hunger and ALLOW myself to FEEL it. That it's fine and dandy not to quickly run to fill it to the rim when I feel a little hunger.

Please cheer me on! and jump on board with me...let's do this TOGETHER!!

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Re: RheeRhee's Bites and Exercise Journal

Post  charlotte.willow on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:56 am

Congratulations with the five pound weight loss! Woo!! You are off to a great start. Take it one day at a time. Quick information I found that you might find useful: Dr. Lewis emphasizes that to reset your hungerstat, you must keep the bite count at each meal constant, and keep the meals at least four hours apart. Otherwise, it'll be an endless battle with hunger, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that Wink After three days, your stomach will be full on the largest number of bites you ate in the last three days! Whether it was 20 bites, 10 bites, five bites, you name it! Just some food for a thought Wink Don't be afraid to fight for your new body. Your loss is a gift to yourself, and you deserve it!
charlotte.willow

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:54 pm

Ok I'm still on track today, and it feels soooo GREAT! Today is the 4th day on the diet and today is even better than yesterday,in terms that it's much much easier! I have no hunger pangs and didn't eat until 2pm,mainly because I just wasn't hungry much until then.

Oh, yesterday I ate:
boiled eggs for breakfast and one bite of peanut butter
NO LUNCH because I was busy and wasn't that hungry
dinner - baked beans again, one slice of bread and barbecue chicken

WHOO HOO! I'm on a ball!
I also weighed myself this morning and weighed in at 212.5
Yesterday I weighed in at 214. Look likes I lost a pound and a half yesterday. That's pretty good, considering I wasn't hungry anyway.

I'm not gonna weigh in everyday, maybe every 2-3 days to give my body some time to SHOW visual results.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Thats great!! Keep going..

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:04 pm

Thanks for the advice charlotte. I will try to set my hungerstat at 10 bites - no more. I might gradually go down to 5 bites at each meal after one week of constant 10 bites. Some of my bites are a big too big, I have to work on resisting big bites to reset my hunger stats.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Sunday stats: 15 bites
Afternoon breakfast - 6 bites - peanut butter sandwich (1 slice bread with 1 tbs peanut butter) and grain cheerios at 2pm
Dinner - 7 bites of turkey wrapped in one slice bread, 2 bites of mac n cheese

Exercise - Only rode my bike to the store and back totally maybe 15 minutes. I jumped bounce in a bed several times with my daughter and got tired -- for fun of course but it's still something.

Not weighing myself, MAYBE tomorrow for results

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Jumping on bed is definetely a good exercise..5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, I could never forget that, I used to do it with my neice.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:53 pm

I don't usually walk or do much exercising, besides outside family time. I'm trying to get into walking more, which is something I like doing, but just be busy and don't get to it often. Yea jumping in bed makes me tired fast, but it was for fun anyway.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:17 pm

Monday stats: didn't weigh myself Monday
lunch: 5 bites of peanut butter sandwich (12:00pm)
dinner: 5 bites of mixed vegetables with cut up turkey

this day went by super fast! hardly even thought about food
no exercise though. I plan to weigh myself today at the grocery store, I don't have a scale yet. I'm waiting on a UPS package delivery, so don't wanna go to the store and miss it. Keep me posted my weight loss buddies! Would be nice if more people was doing it with me. Makes it much more fun.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Thats nice, may be when you weight after few days you will see huge difference.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:29 pm

Rhee,do you know if we have to have snicker bar in this diet? I read somewhere that first three days we should be having snicker bars. Not sure if this is mandatory.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:25 pm

I know that Dr Lewis recommended people start with a snickers bar twice per day for at least 3 days I believe, so that we could get an IDEA what 5 bites are and not be tempted to overeat on other foods. Some people on the diet only do snickers for one week then swift to other foods.

I understand why he said eat snickers at first because I have been tempted to eat MORE of other foods. It has taken some discipline to stop myself. I know that snickers will be easier for me because I CAN'T overeat or mistakenly miscount my bites, and some of my bites really has been too big, and that don't help me at all to reset my hungerstat.

I wanted to buy some snickers next Monday when I go shopping, hope I can avoid stuffing my mouth with big bites. So far I'm doing ok, have already loss some weight, and you have too, keep it up!!! queen

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Oh..ok. I have quit sweets for a year, I will stick with having other foods for now. But today has been very bad,I am very hungry already hope I dont eat a lot for Dinner.
Does resetting hungerstat really work?

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Wednesday - 12 bites - didn't weigh in
breakfast : water--  don't take vitamins til later -- makes my stomach upset
lunch: 5 bites of beef sausage sandwich
dinner: 5 bites of barbecue chicken and 2 bites of potato salad

Jumped in bed for a while on and off

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:27 pm

I wasn't really hungry today but I kept thinking about food. I'm an emotional eater, so when I'm stressed or anxious I'm use to running to food for comfort even though I'm not hungry. So today I fought that urge and WON!

I do believe setting the hunger stat works, based on how I feel. I do notice I get satisfied on smaller amounts of food since the 3rd or 4th day on this diet, and today is day 7th for me. I have been eating on average 15 bites per day, but no more than 10 bites a meal.

I do be hungry by meal time, and I feel like I can eat a horse! but as I eat, the hunger goes away. Before the diet, the hunger lasts a while before I felt full. I just don't wanna stuff myself again and stretch my hunger stats again.

We set our hunger stats based on the biggest number of bites we've been taking over the past days. My highest number is 10 the last 7 days, so I should get full with only 10 bites.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:34 am

Sounds like you are doing great. Smile

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:42 pm

You are right, even I feel full after sometime but the initial urge to eat everything is so much I end up eating a lot at dinner. Hunger stats does work, we need to probably drink 2-3 glasses of water before having our dinner. We will then be able to control within 5 - 7 bites.

I am eager to know your weightloss, hope you will weight in today.

latha

Back to top Go down

Thursday

Post  RheeRhee on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Thursday -- 12 bites total
Lunch - 5 bites of grilled cheese sandwich
Dinner - 7 bites of cut up chicken and yellow rice

weighed in Thursday at 209.5 down from 212.5 3 days ago -- which is a 3 pound loss in 3 days..
YAY! still on the roll. Not hard as I thought it would be, only that I wanna eat for emotional issues. Finding other ways to find comfort.

Exercise - did 180 jumping jacks in the evening
Goal now is to burn 100 calories per day at least on this diet

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Great!!. On an average, if we stick to this diet we will lose 1 pound per day. So we are doing good.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks Daani, how are you doing? are you doing the 5 bite diet right now?

latha your right. I be hungry right before I eat and it feels like I won't get satisfied at only 5-7 bites - at first -- but I think if we SLOW down a bit when eating, we'll feel the stomach filling up a bit. One day I chewed my food a few seconds longer than usual, and waited a few more seconds between bites and noticed a big difference. I enjoyed every bite. I felt the fullness before I over ate.

Yes I keep forgetting to drink water before my meals. I will try to drink 16 ozs 10-15 minutes before meals today.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Friday and Saturday

Post  RheeRhee on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:14 am

Friday wasn't too good because I went over my bites a little bit too much for dinner. I had dinner at 3:30pm, then I exercised on and off throughout the day to burn off some of the food I ate.

I didn't eat enough to gain weight, probably still loss less than a pound, or NOTHING. I will see Monday when I weigh myself.

I'm not crying about it though, just gonna shake it off and get back on that horsey.

Saturday -- 10 bites total
Got back on track, but today I went for 5 bites for lunch and dinner.
lunch - snickers
dinner - snickers

Exercise - jumping jacks, played frisbee, rode bike

Not really that hungry. I have ways to keep my mind off food. It's working so far.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:07 pm

You will definitely lose weight, I think some days are bad, the scale doesn't move but I am confident we can achieve our goals if we stick to this plan. Goodluck!!

latha

Back to top Go down

Sunday and Monday

Post  RheeRhee on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:40 am

After my screw up Friday I been trying to get back on track.

Weighed in Today Monday and the scale said I lost 1 & 1/2 pounds between Saturday and Sunday. I may have lost the pound Saturday when I ate only 2 snickers.

Sunday 15 bites
lunch - Snicker and 3 bites of something else
dinner - 7 bites of chicken sandwich

rode my bike short distance

Monday - lost count
lunch - 1 payday candy bar
dinner - a whole chicken sandwich under 300 calories

ok here's what I'm gonna do.This diet is getting harder for me cos I have the emotional need to eat... but NOT because I'm hungry - hunger has nothing to do with it, but 10 bites a day makes me depressed, so I'm doing it my style now.

I see other women on other sites tweak this diet to soot them so they can stick to it and lose the weight. Because of my emotional issues for food, I'm gonna still count my bites to some extent, but I'm also setting a certain calorie boundary I can't cross for any given day.

Since snicker bars are 250 calories each = 500 calories a day, I will focus consuming no more than 500 calories per day of whatever I want to eat, making sure I eat include protein in each meal. I done this on some days already and still lost a pound a day, just the same as only focusing on 5 bites a day.

I know the idea is resetting our hunger stat, and I believe I have done that, but my problem is not being hungry. I just wanna keep losing weight at the same speed at least - 1 pound a day while satisfying my emotional needs.

I can do this by either
1.eating 2 times per day at 12pm and 5pm with a total of 500 calories or less without counting bites. 500 calories is not many bites anyway.

2. or eat 3 times per day at 10am, 2pm and 6pm which is 4 hours apart, and enough fasting time overnight until 10pm. I can eat 3 times per day and eat 700 calories only if I burn at least 200 calories a day, so I can eat an extra 200 calories I burned on my morning hour walk.

This works for me. This way I can stick with it longer and still lose 1 pound a day. I will try this tomorrow and report back.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:08 pm

This is a good approach Rhee. Please try having some fruits. Oranges did satisfy my sweet cravings and helped me not to be depressed during afternoons. Infact I feel the reason for weight loss was because of oranges and oatmeal. If you are increasing the counts to 10 bites per meal make sure you have fruits or vegetables for 5 bites, carb for 3 and protein for 2. In that way its even healthier.
GoodLuck Rhee!!. I wish the best for you.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top