Day 1 - help and advice please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Day 1 - help and advice please

Post  fifi on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:40 am

I've started today so wish me luck.

I've always managed to maintain my weight. But due to an auto immune disorder I've been put on meds and have slowly watched my weight creep up no matter how much i've watched my food and exercised.
I'm currently sitting about 20 pounds over my ideal weight and really want to give it a kick start.
I know its not an ideal time to start with Christmas coming up. Plus i have meals out booked for Friday and Sat to celebrate my partners birthday, but im determined to fit in nice dresses over xmas and feel good in them.
Any tips would be appreciated.

PS is it ok to have tea with skimmed milk and sweetener?

xoxo

fifi

Back to top Go down

hey

Post  ramanrai on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:46 pm

hello fifi

I also found out last week that i have hypothroid ( hashimoto diease) and im on synthroid meds now, i understand how u feel about the weight due to this i also have 20-25lbs gain, im starting this 5 bite diet from today so hopefully by the end of jan i can lose most of weight, doc doin blood test again in 6 weeks and maybe need to up meds then, we can do this, my start weight the heighest ever is 167 lbs goal to get back my avg weight 140 Cool Cool

ramanrai

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 1 - help and advice please

Post  fifi on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Its horrible isn't it.
Ive been on a low dose chemo (methotrexate - to supress my immune system) since March last year - which actually made me lose weight as i was vomiting quite a bit.
But then they put me on amitriptyline to help me sleep at night as my immune system has messed up some of my joints and i tend to be in pain a fair bit. And that's what caused the weight gain.
i haven't weighed myself but think im about 133, and want to get back to between 112-119 (im only 5ft3in)
Because im little it tends to be fairly obvious when i have gained or lost.

Im glad i found the diet and the forum. Day 1 is going really good so far, haven't actually felt too hungry - and i love eating. Plus i think its really good to have someone to talk to who has the same goal Smile

We will get there - just all thr Xmas treats to avoid Shocked

fifi

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Best wishes and success fifi. ( love that name, sounds German)

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top