Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p

Post  Phil on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:08 am

I NEED A GOOD KICK UP THE BUTT!!!

I can't believe this is the 3rd dud day in a row!

All ive been doing is making excuses in my head! im aware that im doing it but i can't stop myself! Shocked

I need hellpp/ support please! Very Happy ur wonderful/ truth / partially harsh (Razz) words mean alot to me as i know u are giving it bluntly to me lol! soooooo anyone have anything to say im all ears... Smile
Phil
Admin

http://5bitediet.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:49 pm

stop being a fat ass and get ur game on. (how's that for blunt) just kiddingggg, but seriously.

u made a choice to make a change phil, its time to put that plan into action!!!! u saw how much hunger u had to experience to lose that weight, i think that u want to do that as LITTLE as possible. Only way to do that is to have the LEAST amount of damage days possible. Wake up today and tell urself that this isnt going to happen again, i find it WAY easier to start a good day rather than fix an already bad day, so dont even let the bad day START. Try the veggie binge thing that i mentioned before. I did it the other day and was SO full, but i ended up eating like 150 calories in grilled peppers.. so it was more than fine, and im sure my body appreciated the vitamins and minerals.

put all the stuff that u usually binge on away, or give it to someone that is going to eat it and dont even walk down those isles in the grocery store.

Be very conscious of labels. I know that this is the 5 bite eat anything u want diet, but if i eat 5 bites of candy or anything else equally "junk" food i know that mentally i dont feel like im on a diet, and im much more likely to be like -- ohhh how bout one more. and thats 6 bites right there. or meh ill just eat 5 bites of this pie, and then feel really chubby about it later regardless. How can i eat 5 bites of fried rice and then feel like im on a diet and supposed to lose weight? EXACTLY. it opens u up to eating badly and starts off a bad trend. Try eating good stuff but in small portions, u will maximize ur weight loss and at the same time start ureself off on good eating habits that u MUST maintain after the weight is gone. Thats the easiest way to put weight back on after a crash diet like this. You go alright im down to my goal weight- lets dig in the fries and cake cuz i can! but the reason u lost weight is cuz u want to feel good. u want to look better and u want to feel like the awesome person u are shows thru to the outside world! Diets should really be called "lifestyle training" Being thinner is a lifestyle change, absolutely for the better!!

no more excuses!!!

Evil or Very Mad
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Phil!!
I took a few days off(maybe more, most likely much more, I cant even go there), so I know where you are, my friend! Just keep a few things in mind when you get upset:
1. Are you a few pounds lighter than when you started? One pound? a half? whatever, it's progress, you know. This is a journey, not a race. Stops and starts make it take longer, but as long as you "start" after a "stop", you're back in the right direction

2. Are your "bad days" as bad as they once were? Probably not. When I have off days, now I notice that I eat at least HALF of what I did in "the old days", even if I'm not doing 5 bite on those days, I'm still better than before. I'm sure if you pay attention, you'll notice the same

3. One bad meal doesn't ruin the day! move on, and do better the next meal!

Maybe you should plan on doing 8 bites per meal for awhile to get you back in the game, or maybe do 3 meals ( add breakfast)of 5 bites? A modified version of the diet is better than nothing at all! Also, when I'm feeling snacky, I have a pickle spear. It is only 10 calories, its only 5 bites, and the taste stays in your mouth for awhile, so it kills whatever craving I had before. Try it!

Finals are over, time to get back on it!!!! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks you guys!!!!

Ur 100% right... I need to be more focused! (usually the day time is fine but it's the nite time eating that get to me.... Lol mom has made a new rule that no one is allowed to eat after 6pm and we must ALL have dinner As a family... All this cause the dr told me dad to lose weight... I mean it may be a goodthing... 8 eyes watching ur everymove lol... And my brothe will jump at any chance to tell on me... Hehe so hopefully it will work)

Thanks so much I really do appreciate it!

*hugs*
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm not sure if I should count today as sucessful or not lol

I've been having mega probs staying on track and I'm not sure why... All I know is that it's DEPRESSING!!!

I have like a chickpea and chicken soup for lunch (not sure on bites but about half a bowl- which is good for me) and for dinner (which o had at like 11pm Sad ) I had some soy fish cakes in like tomato paste... And a sandwhich :s I did have 2 normal cup sizes of milkshake at my firends place :s which is NOT a good thing but it's not stretching my stomach.. But food wise I didn't eat anywhere as much as I normally do but still not sure about bite numbers... And now i feel yuk and bloated!

I won't weigh myself till Monday as I have lost weight this week Sad

Any suggestions/ ideas / support is appreciated cause i feel like a failure... I only seem to post when I have a bad day... Not sure why... Maybe becuase I need more support on those days.... Hehe I hope u guys don't mind -.- Smile
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

you can do it!

Post  darkshines on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:46 pm

You can do it! You have already done so well this far, as you said you lost weight earlier this week. You just gotta stick to your guns!

I'm a musician, and I used to take master classes with famous professors that would tour through town. One of my most memorable lessons was from a cellist named Amy Barton. She said "if you are onstage performing a piece and you goof up, just keep going. But not only that- make sure to make the next bit of the piece THAT MUCH MORE AMAZING- so the audience instead focuses on the "wow.... that part sounded really good, how did she do that?" and forgets about the mistake you had made the measure or line before."

maybe that same principle applies here?
darkshines

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:01 pm

phil, the fact that u know that ur not eating as much as when u were not on the diet is an epic win anyway. Think about it. a few months ago, u could have munched down twice that without batting an eyelash, now atleast u are aware of what u have eaten, and more than that u actually FEEL bad about it. Before, u would have been like - meh, its food. now ur like crap i had a bad day, tomorrow will be better. THAT IS PROGRESS, and progress is all u need.

So take that bad day and just move on from it, being upset is not going to reverse it- if only it did!!! just pick urself up, and say that TODAY is going to be a good day, ur going to eat well, and eat good stuff, and only eat 10 bites. Portions... try to eat SLOW, like eat one fishcake and be like, that was delicious, now, am i hungry enough that i NEED another, or is it just my brain that wants more cuz it tastes so good! once u decide that its just ur brain, distract urself, get up, leave the table, find something else to do. Once ure craze is gone, take a few deep breathes and consider it a success.
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks for ur support guys!

I luv it Smile
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:49 am

Today has been a planned "BAD" Day lol I was at a convention out of town (left home 6:30am - 7pm) but though I considered it bad in reality I don't think it was too too bad becuase I had 3 normal meals... (maybe I'm trying to justify it to myself :s) tomorrow it's back on track hopefully! I gotta be good for the next week I'm going away for a few days with a friend... Hmmm eeeppp!
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:16 am

Soooo I vanished for a few days from here as I wanted totry calorie coutig I compare... To be honest I prefer just countin bites!

It was soooo annoying counting calories lol

I'm back tomorrow doing the 5bd I hope :p

I don't like staying away from here for too long! :p
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darkshines on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:51 pm

im with you on the calorie counting. for some reason i feel like i am more likely to sabotage myself if i do that.

then again ive screwed up pretty bad this weekend bites wize so i have no room to talk.
darkshines

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:28 am

lol darkshine u always have room to talk here! Smile
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:55 pm

counting bites is DEF easier- and ur kinda allowing urself to indulge in things that u would calorie-wise stay away from with a 10 foot pole... but ur letting urself have 1-2 bites of that delicious fudge cake.. rather than being like a slice is 565764 calories... BAD, STAY AWAY. its more like screw it- 1 bite, then 3 bites of say a burrito and a bite of salsa. Voila, tops like 300 calories with the sin cake included.. SO much easier, and u got the yummy flavors out of ur system.

Only advantage to calorie counting is it takes less will power- its sometimes easier to say no cold turkey to all things against the diet, than to be like JUST ONE biteeeeee, fold- and eat the whole thing. Also, u get more health benefits since ur crossing out major "bad" food groups.

It really depends on what u know u can do. I think my 5 bite diet has kinda evolved thru the month and a half ive been on it, and ive kinda incorporated both systems. I cant do a snickers bar cuz ill break out, and i cant do chicken etc cuz im a vegetarian... and i tend to lose control when i eat too much bread (oops)--- so.... i tend to go for veggie curries!!! they are PACKED with flavor which is something that i really feel like i need on such a restrictive diet, and when i eat it with a little plain yogurt, it allows me to balance out the bacteria in my body too and make my skin clear! and they are so easy to make in a large amount and i can just go in the fridge with my little spoon and eat 5 bites and then walk away. It keeps the calories low, and the bites low, and the flavor high- also, spices are known to increase metabolism so load it uP!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:13 pm

WTF!!! I gained! HOW? I've been good for the last 4 few days! I'm peed off!! No idea what's going on with my body @.@ but I will give it a couple days and see what's going on... If I still don't lose weight I'll eat more for a day or 2 then start again and see how I go...

Also Tea I know what you mean Smile and the veggie curry sounds yumm... Gotta try it soon!
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:15 pm

dieting is such a mystery... makes something out of NOTHING!!!
could be water tho- have much salt u think u got in the past couple days? i doubt its real fat weight, could be just a bloat.
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Maybe... I think ur right will see how I go... Smile this place I a bit quite ATM?? I'll try to find some interesting articles and maybe post them soonish so people can have a read through Smile
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:26 pm

ha yeah i know, this forum seems to go thru waves of activity. Its okay, i think people read, but just dont comment as much.
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Yep ur right lol I do that quite a bit to :p I love reading posts Smile
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

I FOUND MY JOURNAL - 21/9/10

Post  Phil on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:29 am

WOOOOWOOOOOW I Found my old journal on here lol...

Will post at the end of each day, BUT so far i've had about:

Breakfast/Lunch (~12:45pm) - 4-5 Bites of Cabbage Soup (you the diet one- dad is doing it before his surgery) with some rice..

Snack - 5-6 Bites Watermelon (Does this count?? i'm sure it does... but its mostly liquid with out too many calories???)

At this point it's about 1:30pm Razz and my sister is making popcorn >:/ HELLLPPPP!!! i think i will make some tea instead..

I shall post how the rest of the day goes, later Smile
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 pm

omg i love love popcorn, butter and salt.. mmmmmm
but its like straight carbs!!!! run away phil! make some tea- make it as sweet as u like, its going to be better than the popcorn regardless, and with the sweet taste in ur mouth u wont want to mix the salt.

hope it worked out!!!!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:02 am

yesterday COULD have gone better, BUT really it wasn't that bad which is good Smile

On to TODAY!

baby steps! Razz
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:30 am

Few... HECTIC Weekend!!! glad it's winding down! lol normally people would look forward to the weekend but mine are the busy days! Saturday especially (basically from 8 -8!) anyway... ummm so ye...

RANT START
-----------------------------------
I went to the doctors on Thursday and... he was "less than pleased" with my lack of motivation and genuine lack of care for my health at the moment... lol i don't mean to be like that its just im sooooo over it all hehe! anyway this doctors has been like a family friend for over 20 years so he is very open and expresses his thoughts quite openly with us on certain issues.. ANYWAY... basically he tore into me for about 20mins saying that I MUST get out there and do exercise not to lose weight but to get blood flowing through my body better (apparently i don't have the best circulation or something??) oh and the weight was another 20min ear bashing! basically i have 3 weeks to lose weight (he didn't say how much) or there will be a not so pleasant price to pay.. in terms of him referring me to various other health professionals to drum the thought of exercise and weight loss into me more... ITS REALLY NOT AS BAD AS THIS POST SOUNDS, PROMISE...

Anyway... so hopefully as of tomorrow my mum, sister and cousin are gonna be walking 10km (i think its just over 6 miles) everyday!!! he really wants my circulation to improve...

SO i guess i have till the 18th October (3 weeks??) to try and lose as much weight as I can... this may not be fun, but might be a good wake up call to really stick my head down and start to focus on this all a little more!

-----------------------------------
RANT OVER!

OK so all is good really.. i mean besides the growing stress of finals and knowing that i am so close to flunking one of my subjects tends to get to you... i really need to learn to time manage and prioritize... ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED Very Happy
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:33 am

You can do it. Seriously, NOW IS THE TIME!!! No excuses. Monday, lets not say 5 bites. Do 8 bites for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 8. No more, no less. And don't worry about what it is, eat what you want, healthy or not. Do the walk with your family, and you'll feel amazing. I know you feel stressed right now, but trust me, you will feel less stressed once you start working out regularly. After 2 or 3 days, we'll drop down to five bites, a few days from that, drop the breakfast five. I wont take no for an answer!!!!! Razz

Lets make your doc not believe his eyes next time he sees you, and you've lost 20 pounds.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:27 am

Sounds like a Plan!!! Very Happy

I got a letter from him today in the main.. :/ he wants me to have a blood test before i go see him in a months time!!

So YE I WANT Him to be stunned and not believe his eyes!!

Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:09 pm

3jaysmom is exactly right- i was going to suggest the same. you can do this phil, u really really can. this is a great motivator, and u can definitely lose a real significant amount of weight in 3 weeks. Use it to ur advantage to show him that u can lose the weight and he can stop being grumpy! imagine the look on his face when ur down 20, and it will be such a motivator for u to keep going aswell cuz ull look and feel awesome!

hey- what do u say about starting a new section of this forum, like kind of a group project. I think we've all been kinda struggling getting started since we've been off for so long. Its monday, so how about we start today- instead of 5x2 bites, lets start with 5x3 bites, or 8x2 bites- just to set the tone. with only a VERY short goal of 3 days of good behavior then we shift to 5x2 for another 3 days and the weight in. Everyday anyone that wants to participate can go to the page and not write like its their journals with our rants and venting- BUT we can write just wat we ate and any exercise we did in short bullet form as a way of checking off the day as a win. We wil all shift down the bites as a group, so maybe that will be a smoother transition, and also everyone can see in one place how they are doing rather than going to all the daily journals. on saturday we can re-group and see if we should spend a day back on the 5x3/8x2 and then drop back in a few days, or if we should just keep going. I think that our daily lives do get in the way, but thats LIFE, for long term weight loss u need to deal with that- we all do. Good life choices! . Since we are all everywhere with the diet this may be helpful bringing focus in for everyone to start this ASAP and we'll all have motivation and advice for each other since we'll all be in the same space and we'll feel crappy if we dont keep up. Let me know what u think
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top