It's good to be back!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's good to be back!

Post  GloryCats on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Hey everyone! This is my third time doing the 5bd and it feels great to get back on track! The first time (2010) I lost a bunch of weight and then stopped when I was fitting in my clothes comfortably again. I started the diet again in 2011 and was even a member on here, I was doing great until I got pregnant so obviously I had to stop. I ended up miscarrying and I haven't really dieted since then. I'm now up to the heaviest I've ever been and I am so anxious to get this weight off!

My scale is really inaccurate so I'll go by my measurements, currently I'm at 40-33-40. My first goal is to get back into my size 8 skinny jeans. My ultimate goal is to get down to a BMI of 18.5.

My plan is to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. I usually do either Walk Away the Pounds, kickboxing, step aerobics, tae bo, or some combination of those. For food I want to stick to strict meal times of 12pm and 6pm, keeping to a schedule really seems to help me. I do better with eating individual things like bars or mini burritos instead of having a big plate of food and trying to restrict myself to just 5 bites. I'm not really worried about heating healthy foods at this point, but when I get close to my goal weight I'll probably make an effort to eat more balanced.

My biggest problem is alcohol, I LOVE to drink and that's what caused me to gain so much weight in the first place! I've been exercising regularly for a long time and I know from experience eating will be easy for me once I get past day 3, but I don't know how I'll manage to go so longwithout alcohol. If anyone has any advice on how to either avoid it or work it into the diet (even if it slows down my weight loss I don't care as long as I keep losing slowly) I am all ears!
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Re: It's good to be back!

Post  slimjen on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Welcome back. I'm not a big drinker but maybe someone else will be able to help. But just wanted to say hello. Wink
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome!
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  buffy2327 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:06 am

Welcome back I'm glad your not giving up! And sorry about your miscarriage I've been there before and that's alot of stress and it will make you turn to food .And I love Beer but I can't drink it all the time but I allow myself one twice a month on the weekend I think Dr Lewis Said you can have a glass of wine everyone once in a while but I don't drink wine so I replace it with beer.

buffy2327

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats on Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Thanks so much, Buffy. My problem is I'm a functional alcoholic so I don't really know what normal limits are for drinking. I think I can stick to twice a month, though, if I can't avoid it altogether. I think I want to avoid alocohol altogther but I don't know how realistic that is for me. I keep telling myself that dieting is annoying and there's no point of drawing it out; if I can just stick to the plan as perfectly as possible I will reach my goal BMI as quickly as possible and then I'll have a ton more wiggle room to indulge.
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top