Newbie looking to lose

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie looking to lose

Post  5bites2freedom on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 am

I recently weighed in at 171.8 at the doctor's office. I was devastated, since I was near that weight last October and worked really hard to get to 132 by May (5 pounds from my goal!). But I went off my diet at the time to try my hand at "moderation." Obviously, moderation is not for me.
I am trying again with this diet as my last attempt. I've been on every diet known to man since I was a child (including those considered "healthy" like moderation, calorie counting, etc), and I am just tired.
I want things to be easy, and 5 bites is pretty self-explanatory. My goal is still 127 so I will be weighing in monthly.

Yesterday was day 1, and I had:
2 cups of black coffee
A few sips of unsweetened iced tea
1 Diet Coke
100 oz or so of water
7 bites of BBQ chicken & brussels sprouts
3 bites of a Kind peanut butter & chocolate bar

I am looking forward to success. I hope it works.

5bites2freedom

Back to top Go down

Day 2

Post  5bites2freedom on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:14 pm

Don't feel like coffee this morning since it sometimes messes with my stomach, especially because my period is coming today or tomorrow and I get serious cramps. I felt a lot thinner yesterday but I chugged a full 20 oz Sprite Zero at like 4 am, and now I am bloated. I don't mind too much, though.
I have a mild headache right now, so I thought I could get my mind off of it by posting on here and reading through some of the other journals that have inspired me already.

B: Coze Zero and multis. I also take calcium & vit. D supplements and am awaiting the arrival of some fish oil supplements that I will also take.
L: 5 bites - Clif Builders Bar in Vanilla Almond
D: 4 bites of a plain hamburger patty (no bun) with mayo, mustard, and BBQ sauce; 1 bite of mixed nuts

I am going to focus mostly on protein and fat from nuts, fish, and olive oil since I seem to get too soft-looking when I avoid those two. I don't need to eat carbs at all (I was 0 carb for a looooong time), but I thought it would be good to be as least restrictive as possible since I'm already greatly restricting my bites. And I highly doubt that the carbs in the bars and the <1 carb in the cucumbers will do much damage since I will likely still get into ketosis given how little can be eaten in 5 bites, but they will be nice in treating my sweet tooth.

I don't have the book but I am wondering what he says about dry red wine. I drink a glass just about every night, and I definitely want to continue. I only drink 3 oz which is around 72 calories, so I am wondering if I can just take a few less bites to compensate. Or I may just be okay with losing slower, since my wine is definitely part of my lifestyle.

Last edited by 5bites2freedom on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

5bites2freedom

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie looking to lose

Post  beeonne on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi!

I'm commenting on that red wine question. I have one cup of cocoacappuccino every day and that is something I'm not giving up.
I don't think that wine will slow down your loss that much. The only concern would be that that too affects your hungerstat, but I'm doing well with my daily dose of chocolatey cappuccino and I'm feeling like my hungerstat is somewhere around the 5 bite mark. So I wouldn't be worried about it Smile

The doc said in the book (about coffee creamers) that if that's the only thing that would stop you from doing this diet, then by all means keep it in your daily diet.

Enjoy your wine!
beeonne

Back to top Go down

Post  5bites2freedom on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Thanks, beeonne!
Btw, yours is one of the inspirational journals to which I was referring Smile

5bites2freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  beeonne on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Aww, thank you! Smile
beeonne

Back to top Go down

Post  5bites2freedom on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:30 pm

Still have a headache so I took some Advil. I hope this ends soon! Sad

5bites2freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:39 pm

The head ache will go in a day or two. You are doing great. Once you get to goal moderation will be another challenge. But till then - you can do this. So many have before us.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  5bites2freedom on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks so much, Daani!

I have to say that I am really proud of myself. I pulled an all-nighter last night, and those are typically nights when I binge eat to stay awake.
I did probably drink an unhealthy amount of caffeine, but I didn't eat beyond my 10 bites, even despite some serious cravings. What I did learn, though, is that I don't want to go through this period ever again, so I am determined to stay on track to avoid it! Similar to when I first went low carb, my head was sooooo foggy and still is a little this morning. Definitely not the most ideal time to have to work on a huge paper, but it is what it is. I may not get an A, but if that's the only cost of breaking this food addiction cycle once and for all, I will take it.

I slept for about an hour and am about to try and get another 30 minutes now. I have another really long day today and I am already hungry, as I haven't eaten since yesterday's "dinner" around 3 pm.

I took my vitamins and will most definitely be getting a large cup of coffee when I wake up, and I am hoping I can make it to at least 12:30 before eating. Around 12:30 and 5:30 seem to be sweet spots for me for lunch and dinner, so I am going to try to stick to those times for a while.

Anticipated menu
L: 5 bites of tuna salad with cucumber slices (actually ate 7 -- I tend to eat more at lunch. It is harder for me to stop at 5 with the first meal of the day)
D: 5 bites of hamburger patty with mayo, mustard, and BBQ sauce (will eat 3 bites of a Kind bar instead)

5bites2freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  5bites2freedom on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:23 am

Super happy I made it through the "hard" part of the diet! Today wasn't so bad at all.
Whooooooo!

cheers cheers cheers

I want to make my 10 bites special tomorrow. Any yummy suggestions?
I am thinking:
5 bites of tuna and cucumbers for lunch
5 bites of a gluten-free brownie for dinner

I still haven't had a glass of wine yet, which is so surprising! I am thinking of using it as a way to celebrate the end of my first week Smile

5bites2freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  5bites2freedom on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:41 pm

I had my 10 bites all in one day today with a hamburger patty, some bacon, and some fries.
My stomach is definitely overfull, so this diet is working! I definitely have adjusted to small amounts of food, so I won't be repeating all at once meals anymore.
I don't know how the rest of the day will go but I don't mind. I'm really satisfied right now, and if I get hungry, I can grab coffee and Diet Coke.

5bites2freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:46 am

How's it going for you?

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top