The Dreaded Plateau

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Dreaded Plateau

Post  Don'tFreakOut on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:17 am

Hi everyone,

So I'm been on this diet for a little over a month now. I'm following it verbatim. I've managed to lose around 25 pounds so far. Unfortunately the weight loss has tapered off continually. First it was down to 8 pounds one week, then 5, only for me to check today to see the scale hasn't budged. I've been checking on how to push past it. On another diet I was doing earlier in the year I had the same problem. It took a few weeks but eventually I started to lose again. With this one though, I'm not sure what I can do to push past it. I can't really vary my diet since it will mess with the hungerstat. I've tried skipping meals with no change. I also can't work-out until next week because my back has been giving me trouble. I'm actually on strict orders not to do anything strenuous or that induces heavy breathing until my next appointment. I even tried to trick my body by messing with my calorie intake. I drank a Vanilla Bean Coollatta the other night after a meal. I was hoping with it being liquid it wouldn't mess with my hungerstat. Thankfully I don't think it did. I had a cheat period with the last diet and that did work. I'm just paranoid I'm doing more damage than good by zig-zaging my calories.

So has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions how I might get past it? I'm trying to get done with this diet before the holidays' roll around and I've still got about 30 pounds to go. Any serious replies would be appreciated.

Don'tFreakOut

Back to top Go down

Re: The Dreaded Plateau

Post  Daani on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:41 pm

A few bites more for a day or two is one thing to try. Since exercise is out for you right now just be patient. It didn't go on in a few days and it will just take a little.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleming426 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Don'tFreakOut wrote:Hi everyone,

So I'm been on this diet for a little over a month now. I'm following it verbatim. I've managed to lose around 25 pounds so far. Unfortunately the weight loss has tapered off continually. First it was down to 8 pounds one week, then 5, only for me to check today to see the scale hasn't budged. I've been checking on how to push past it. On another diet I was doing earlier in the year I had the same problem. It took a few weeks but eventually I started to lose again. With this one though, I'm not sure what I can do to push past it. I can't really vary my diet since it will mess with the hungerstat. I've tried skipping meals with no change. I also can't work-out until next week because my back has been giving me trouble. I'm actually on strict orders not to do anything strenuous or that induces heavy breathing until my next appointment. I even tried to trick my body by messing with my calorie intake. I drank a Vanilla Bean Coollatta the other night after a meal. I was hoping with it being liquid it wouldn't mess with my hungerstat. Thankfully I don't think it did. I had a cheat period with the last diet and that did work. I'm just paranoid I'm doing more damage than good by zig-zaging my calories.

So has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions how I might get past it? I'm trying to get done with this diet before the holidays' roll around and I've still got about 30 pounds to go. Any serious replies would be appreciated.

One thing I learned from being in the garden pond business for several years was that there's no such thing as "the balance of Nature".. it always over-corrects, swinging one way, then the other, like a pendulum, but never stops at that point we call "balance"... I'm convinced that our bodies are the same, especially when we're dieting, & that's where the dreaded plateau comes in... perhaps our bodies are just over-correcting & if we give it a little more time, the pendulum will swing back the other way, the way we want it to go...

Just my opinion, of course...

Best of luck, whatever you decide to try...

Fleming........ flower

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

Post  eyeontheprize on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:30 pm

Don'tfreakout, how did things go for you?! Any advice?

eyeontheprize

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top