Bites to Fight the Fat (My vegan 5bd journal)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bites to Fight the Fat (My vegan 5bd journal)

Post  bitetofight on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:13 am

I am new to the diet, but had a good amount of success low carbing in the past. I lost pretty much all I wanted to lose then (I still had about 10 lbs to go), but then I became a vegan and the onslaught of carbs really piled on the weight.

Since I threw out my scale due to weighing addiction, I am not exactly sure how much I weigh, BUT I look about the same as I did when I was in the upper-150s. At 4'10" with a large frame, I need to be around 125ish to be within normal weight range. I got down to 137, and I think I would feel most comfortable about 10 pounds less.

I will measure my progress with weekly pictures and the fit of my clothing. My goal is to be no larger than a size 6P on my "bloated" days. I am now in between an 8P and 10P on a regular day, and definitely a 10P on a bloated day.

I am hoping for great success - I think it will be much, much easier for me to maintain on this plan than any other because I can just slowly add back the bites once I get to where I want to be, and I don't have to worry about carb counting, which is just really too hard as a vegan.

Once my 7-day intro period is up, I will post starting pics!
Thanks for inspiring me so far!

Last edited by bitetofight on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:29 am; edited 2 times in total

bitetofight

Back to top Go down

Re: Bites to Fight the Fat (My vegan 5bd journal)

Post  bitetofight on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:24 am

Yesterday was day 1, but was a really odd day for me.
I suffer from mild to severe insomnia, so I only got about an hour of sleep the night before.
That basically translated into me sleeping until the last minute and not being able to stop off for coffee before class (I'm in grad school).
I ate two Clif Builder's bars (I HAVE to consume a good amount of protein in order to lose/sustain weight loss) as my 10 bites between 10 AM and 12 PM. I also took my multis and supplements a little after 12, and then I called out of work and literally passed out for 10 hours.
I woke up with what I thought was hunger pain, but was actually just dehydration. I had only had 4 cups of water in the 3 hours I was awake (I usually drink a gallon or more per day), so I filled up my water bottle and have been drinking that and feeling much better. Hopefully I can get back to sleep within the next hour or so.
I am excited for tomorrow, and I definitely want to have my coffee and follow the plan much more closely. I am thinking I will have a veggie burger (no bun - I have both wheat and dairy allergies) and a few fries for lunch and dinner.

bitetofight

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum